IMPORT COMPLETTE FIGURE WITH CLOTHES IN Carrara pro

Hello guys!

I've got one short question: what should I do to fix problems with clothe for my final figure? I just imported this fat guy form DAZ STUDIO 4.9 (win 7 64 bit)... or should I add all things like hair or clothes directly in Carrarra from content browser??

TUCK 2017.jpg
850 x 870 - 36K

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Some preliminaries that might affect your results

which figure is it?  M4, Genesis, G2M, etc.

what clothing?  Are the clothes designed for the figure, or converted?  If converted, how?

do the clothes or the figure have fitting morphs?

To your specific question

personally, I prefer to load my characters and wardrobe directly in Carrara, but I know that others prefer to save from Daz Studio as a scene subset.  Not sure there is a correct way for this.  In either case, it is sometimes helpful to select each wardrobe item and fit to none, and then re fit them to the base figure.  

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Yes,. you should be loading from the carrara Content Browser

You should be able to see all of your Daz3D "content" in the Carrara Browser,. and just like Daz Studio, or Poser,.

you would browse and load figures into the program using the content Browser.

Load your Figure,. Load Clothes onto that figure,. load hair, , Load shaders, poses, animation ,.etc.....directly from your browser.,. ...That's why it's there.

As far as "Fitting the clothes" to that figure,.

Most of the time,. the clothing shapes don't cover the complete range of figure shapes

Autofit helps,. with newer figures,.  but nothing is perfect...

so,. rather than work on a figure shape first,. then try to get the clothes to fit,.

add clothes to ther figure,. and adjust the figure's body shape within the limits of the clothing.

Hope it helps :)