Video editing /compositing capabities in DAZ Studio

chase canadechase canade Posts: 0
edited January 2013 in The Commons

I'd like to bring in some real world video into DAZ

What are the video editing and composting - vfx capabilities of DAZ Studio?

Thanx

chase

Post edited by chase canade on

Comments

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Non existent except for animating 3D, consider Blender.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054
    edited December 1969

or greenscreening/chromakey Cinegobs Keyer is free

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Render your 3D in PNG or Tiff format. Then Layer your 3D over the Frames of your RL footage. Not easy in DS but not hard in most Video editing programs. The Alpha channel in the PNG or TIFF acts as your Green Screen.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,932
    edited December 1969

In DS3, there was the Animated Textures plug in by Dreamlight, which let you apply a video image to a surface, so if you want to introduce a live action a background with a daz figure in the foreground (or do a "Reality sandwich" split screen like Harryhausen's Dynamation process used to insert animated characters into live action footage) that would work as long as you want to/can use DS3. Unfortunately, Dreamlight's abandoned all of his older plugins to concentrate on spamming people with offers for his lessons, so hopefully someone else will come up with a billboarding plug in for DS4 and beyond.

But generally, yeah, it's better to do matchmoving in Daz and then composite in a video editing/compositing program. If you're just starting out, it's hard to beat Sony Vegas for feature sets and simplicity in an all-in-one package.

• chase canadechase canade Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanx for the tips all -

I'll check into that chroma key plug-in - thanx

Shame about that plug-in not working in 4
    - shame DAZ doesn't pic it up and add it as stock feature. It does sound like a cool idea for textures, as well as other things of course.

Yeah I did hear Blender does have chroma key ability. And they do have a real nice node based editor for sure.

I have to look more into DAZ's abilities and see what I can come up with.

Again - thanx to all that posted

chase

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054
    edited January 2013

cinegobs is not a plugin, it is a stand alone program
    just render you overlay video as either a png image sequence and no background or an avi with a green one
    you then import it into keyer and and the other video as a background using the various filters to get it to work
    http://cinegobs.com/software/cinegobs-keyer

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • chase canadechase canade Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for expounding on that wendy♥catz

btw - love your sig
    + pretty cool animation - fits your name. ;-)