Morph 3D Artist tools in Carrara

Has anyone tried Morph 3D in Carrara. This is awesome!!!

Morph 3D

Comments

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 527

I think Morph3D is a tool to get DAZ content and figures into game engines such as Unity and UE4.  I don't think it does anithing that you can't do with just using Daz Studio.  Just my opinion.  Morph3d provides asstes in fbx format with is useable in Carrara, but why would you cause Carrara 8.5 supports Genesis 1 and 2 natively, and to my knowledge, Morph3d uses only the Genesis 1 figures.

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024

Looks like most morph3d products are already available in the DAZ3D store, maybe just ported to another format for the morph3d app.

Same products, new market.

• Samuel S.Samuel S. Posts: 322

This is a new Product based on DAZ characters and currently works with unity e.g. and allows gamers to create their own custom players inside game. It has built in support for LOD etc. I am not sure if artists can create/modify and sell Morph 3D character via DAZ Studio or DAZ store. Morph 3D Characters have their own Morph 3D store and license etc.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

This is a new Product based on DAZ characters and currently works with unity e.g. and allows gamers to create their own custom players inside game. It has built in support for LOD etc. I am not sure if artists can create/modify and sell Morph 3D character via DAZ Studio or DAZ store. Morph 3D Characters have their own Morph 3D store and license etc.

Yes, we can use Carrara to create support figures, props, etc., for Morph3D characters and then use Daz Studio to set them up into the Morph3D system, I'm just not entirely sure of the specific procedures at this point. But it certainly is an exciting prospect. 

No, we wouldn't be selling our Morph3D assets via Daz3d store, but through Morph3D store.

I was looking into this a short while ago. It's really pretty cool. Game-resolution figures for gaming engines. So Morph3D clients may actually access their Morph3D content directly within Unity (possibly other engines as well) where we can script them to work with all animations, set up where they can or cannot go, and the triggers that cause them to perform such animations. 

So for those whom already know how to work with game content, this is quite seemless and easy to work with.

But even more vast is how they're now partnering with other realms to make it possible for Morph3D clients to build their own Avatars for interacting with the digital world. This is really cool and is still very young.

Here is the playlist of tutorials for setting up your Morph3D content in Unity: MCS 101

Here is the Morph3D Ready Room

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I have looked at them and like any Unity Assets not easy to use outside Unity.

I have played with a fair few free assets in Carrara but more work than they are worth, I even bought a collada export plugin for it but no luck there either.

Whats in Unity works really only in Unity.

I have totally unistalled Unity as it hogs too much of my tiny C drive even installing most to my Data drive, it has to wait until I get a second PC before I play with it again.

• Samuel S.Samuel S. Posts: 322

Have you tried this option; it is being shown in Maya and ArtistToolsCore and as per the author we can use modeling package of our choosing: