DSON for Poser - Poses

Hi,
I'm in the middle of preparing a pose pack for Genesis for use in both Daz Studio and Poser.
I've been working out how to make the .duf pose files compatible for use as a DSON Companion files.

From what I can see is that the pose files are now required in two places in the My Library content so both Apps can see them.

The first in the Daz Studio context of My Library/People/Genesis/Poses/Product_Folder

Containing Poseexample.duf(Pose) and Poseexample.png(Thumb)

and the second in Poser context of My Library/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/Daz Genesis/Product_Folder

Containing Poseexample.dufPose) -- Poseexample.png(Thumb) --Poseexample.py(Script to load companion file .duf) and Poseexample.pz2(Redirect to .py file)

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

So I can copy my pose files saved as .duf to the Poser context then add the .py and .pz2 files with the correct file name contexts into the folder. Rename the png thumb file to drop the .duf in the file name so Poser can see it.

And then I can use the .duf files in Poser.

If anyone can tell me why/if this is the better method rather than just exporting a pz2 file using a script exporter from Daz Studio?

Will the .duf be more accurate with Genesis Poses? Or are there are any other advantages to saving the poses this way?

One thing I have noted is that Genesis poses exported as pz2 using a script seem to work fine with multiple figures including Genesis in a number of versions of Poser.

Whereas .duf Companion files work with Genesis only in Poser 9 or later only.

I'm thinking of just creating a .duf for use with Daz and exported .pz2 for each pose for use with Poser to maximise compatibility.

Any thoughts on the best file format?