Pose Converter

I see too many pose sets these days made specifically for Genesis figures. Makes me wonder what it would be like if there was such thing as a pose converter tool that made poses able to be used for figures other than those that they were designed for? Anyone care to comment?

Comments

• Victor_BVictor_B Posts: 391
    edited March 2017
    Post edited by Victor_B on
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,486

I've become comfortable enough with the Genesis 2 to 3 converters and how they work to not even stress the difference. M4 and Genesis to G 2 & 3 works also

, though not as well without tweaking.

• I was talking about a pose converter that would convert poses to work with figures other than those in the Genesis line.

• I was talking about a pose converter that would convert poses to work with figures other than those in the Genesis line.

Which figures in particular? I'm not sure what other figures would be easily compatible with G3 and the others.

Which figures in particular? I'm not sure what other figures would be easily compatible with G3 and the others.

I don't know. Hiro? Aiko? Perhaps Michael or Victoria? I didn't think compatibility mattered if a converter could make it work.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781
    edited March 2017

Neat but still going in the wrong direction. There've been new poses released that go with certain props & sets that I own but had to pass on buying them because they are all for Genesis 3, which I cannot presently use. What's needed is a means of converting such poses to work with Genesis 2 or earlier figures, like Genesis, M4 and V4. For me it wouldn't need to be a perfect conversion as I don't do animation so manual adjustments to a pose would be no big deal. I just haven't found a converter that goes from Genesis 3. They all seem to convert to Genesis 3 -- and sometimes Genesis 2 -- which of course is not what we're after. 

Post edited by Byrdie on
  • Byrdie said:

Neat but still going in the wrong direction. There've been new poses released that go with certain props & sets that I own but had to pass on buying them because they are all for Genesis 3, which I cannot presently use. What's needed is a means of converting such poses to work with Genesis 2 or earlier figures, like Genesis, M4 and V4. For me it wouldn't need to be a perfect conversion as I don't do animation so manual adjustments to a pose would be no big deal. I just haven't found a converter that goes from Genesis 3. They all seem to convert to Genesis 3 -- and sometimes Genesis 2 -- which of course is not what we're after. 

There is a free pose converter that does this.

I don't know. Hiro? Aiko? Perhaps Michael or Victoria? I didn't think compatibility mattered if a converter could make it work.

Doesn't really answer my question, as there are several different versions of each character. However, there is a free pose converter that should help you as long as you're willing to fine tune the output.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

I have used pose converters. But I sometimes load the original figure the pose was developed for. For example, M4. Then, I apply the pose to the figure I want, such as genesis2 or genesis3. Then, I make comparisons and adjust the g2 or g3 figure to get a better pose. Feet, hands and fingers tend to go wild. G3 especially has more parts to bend (more bones) than M4 does. But you can see what happens to M4 and then distribute the bends among the pelvis, (really a great help, having the penvis on a G3 figured),  lower abdomin, upper abdomin, lower chest, upper chest, lower neck, upper neck (if the figure is G3). You'll often get a much smoother pose.

Of course, a pose converter may do batch conversions, and if you have a lot of poses you want to convert, that's certainly faster.

• EurocoinEurocoin Posts: 300

Is there any tools that converts Genesis 1 poses to Genesis 2 or 3?

• Byrdie said:

There is a free pose converter that does this.

Is there? Mind linking me to it?