how to assign saved material presets

edited December 1969 in New Users

i created some clothing and saved them.
they show up in smart content under wardrobe/unassigned
next I categorized them.
but they dont show up under shirts or pants.
how do i assign them so they appear in their proper wardrobe categories?
thanks

assign_material_presets.png
445 x 302 - 57K

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Right click on the icon you want to categorise, click on the Categorize option, and put it where you want it to go.

Does that work for you?

• edited January 2013

Right click on the icon you want to categorise, click on the Categorize option, and put it where you want it to go.

Does that work for you?

Thanks Jimmy, I did that, but Smart Content still shows the shirt in unassigned preset and not in wardrobe/shirts

Maybe categorize is not the way to make this happen - goal: show shirt in wardrobe/shirts instead of unassigned/presets

Post edited by ayurvedahc_08ecc05d54 on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It certainly worked for me. I did it last night, exited from DAZ Stuio, and it is still there this morning, where I put it.

What exact version of DS 4.5 are you using, Help > About DAZ Studio? Are you running as Administrator, and I take it you are using Windows of some flavour? There may be some kind of security conflict (permissions), and DS cannot write the new category to the file.

I don't use categories, so I am not much help. I know it worked for me doing it that way, so there must be a reason that it doesn't work for you. If you hang on, I am sure someone who uses categories can advise you more.