Salsa skirt - poser file not found

PinzelmeisterPinzelmeister Posts: 114
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have a clothing set I'm trying out. All items in the set work except this one (the skirt) - I'm looking for help understanding the error message I get when I try to load it. I have the "cr" file, but DAZ says it's looking for an obj file (??) I have no idea what this implies/where the file might be since I don't even have a F\Poser Archive\ etc. Suggestions please? (I realize part of the problem is that I don't understand the relationship between "cr" and "obj" files . . . on the other hand, all the other items in the set seem to work fine).

SalsaSkirt-obj.jpg
1251 x 768 - 112K

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The first thing to tell you is this, The CR2 (character) file is looking for the OBJ (mesh) file to load it first. DS is looking for it, where the CR2 file tells it to, in F\Poser Archive\Poser4\Runtime\Geometries, which is where mesh files (OBJ) would be stored.

Where did you get this item from? If it is a freebie, then it has not been set up correctly, and the path to the OBJ file is probably what the original creator had on their machine. You could do a search on your machine for the OBJ file to find out where it really is, and edit the CR2 file to give the correct path. CR2 files are text only files, so any text editor will do.

• PinzelmeisterPinzelmeister Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

Thanks - that seems to have worked. 1) Made copies of the cr2 files in a separate folder. 2) Opened them in Word . . . compared the text. 3) Fixed the path in the skirt file to look like the others (i.e. point to the correct folder for the obj). Saved it, tried it out . . . success.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Something to note when fixing this kind of problem — Poser figure files that call for an external .obj file do it on two lines up near the top of the file. Prop and non-figure hair files will only have one line up near the top.