Categorizing Question

XandoryXandory Posts: 139
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Does anyone know how to move items in DS4's Categories without using Categorize? DS3 and prior you could move the files "tree style" without it, and now, I can't find a thing everything's so messy. (I don't like Meta Data since my mind doesn't operate the way that does. It's great for most, just not me.) Honestly, I'm hoping someone says, oh sure. Of course. If not, I'll probably clean sweep and re-install everything slowly so I can find the stuff later. :/

(NOT a complaint, except against myself since I should've categorized to begin with)

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Tree view still exists. On the Content Library tab, click the Context Menu at the top and Choose View as List or View as Tree depending on your preference. The "Categorize" window will follow suit to your setting on the Content Library tab. Or maybe I don't understand the issue. ^_^

You can drag/drop folders to move them, but files drag/add not drag/move.

• texjonestexjones Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

What I ended up doing was go into my folders; the Scene, Subscene Sets & Props and create internal folders and move stuff accordingly. Then everything will be grouped to find easier. Such as Basic Daz figures, My characters, Places & buildings, Streets & Traffic props. As I create I move them to those folders while keeping the main Daz folders intact. Inside the Runtime>Textures folder I added another for the ones I've been finding on the internet. If I change a basic Daz figure to a new character, I save it as a subset in my characters folder. Anything created from scratch whether in Daz,Hexagon or Blender is in My Created Objects folder, once imported into Daz.

Post edited by texjones on
  • XandoryXandory Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Oh thanks guys. I'll give it a try.

You can drag/drop folders to move them, but files drag/add not drag/move.

I can? It won't grab the folders at all for me.

edited January 2013

It's working for me in the List View, I can't stand Tree View, but give me a bit and I'll try it there.

Here's a vid of it working in List View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v73t4u36WqU

NOTE: With the exception of the Unassigned Category, you CANNOT MODIFY the built-in categories inside the Default structure. This may be your whole issue.

Post edited by adamr001 on
    edited December 1969

Works in Tree View too... In fact, it works *better* in Tree View, since hovering over a twistie will cause it to expand so you can move several categories deep without the multi-drag and drop I did in the video.

edited December 1969

Ah. I see I can do that, but I can't take anything from the DS format or Poser format to bring into my categories area without the categorize button. Should I be saying put all new in unassigned? Right now, all the new stuff go in the two above folders, ( DS format or Poser format) and none in categorize.

edited December 1969

If you go to the Context menu on the Content Library tab, and select "Scan Known Directories for Files" all content that is not yet categorized will be placed in Unassigned. Then you can categorize it from there. That's how I do it and recommend people do it anyway. :)

edited December 1969

*hugs* that helps a lot. Thank you. I'll still delete than reinstall the 4.5 files, but it's worth it to be able to find stuff and not categorize the traditional way! :D