Installing Freak5 Pro Bundle Mac Files

inquireinquire Posts: 2,099
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I direct the installers to My Library/People/Genesis. They insist on creating a new People/Genesis/Character folder. Why?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,131
    edited December 1969

They should have been pointed to the My Library folder - content is isntalled to the content directory, not to a sub folder such as People/Genesis/

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099
    edited December 1969

They should have been pointed to the My Library folder - content is isntalled to the content directory, not to a sub folder such as People/Genesis/

So just the My Library folder, nothing after that? The installer will find its way if I just indicate as far as ~/Documents/DAZ3D/Studio/My Library?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Yes, the installer should ALWAYS be pointed to the My Library as the last folder in the path, and not a sub-folder of it.

That applies to Poser Content as well, the path should always end with My Library in all cases.

edited December 1969

Seems to be working better now, but I'm still getting messages about not finding files that were supposed to be installed, as, for example, when I try to load Morris' Derek, I get "Some assets needed to load the file were missing. The content may not work as expected. The following files could not be found: /data/DAZ3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ3D/Freak 5/FBMFreak5Smooth.dsf"
    I have gone to that location on my computer, and that file is not there. I have searched for it using the Finder search (Mac), and nothing turns up. It looks like that file was not installed.

edited December 1969

Richard has already put in an enquiry to DAZ about this issue.

See this thread : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15896/

edited December 1969

Ah, OK, thank you.

edited December 1969

Now, here's another installer issue: When I try to install the Barbarian Boots for Genesis PoserCF, the installation path is BLANK. That's for the "Use Default Settings." If I click on "Customize Installation," the next item that pops up is "Uninstaller Options: Create Uninstaller." There's no option to customize the installation. If I click the next box, it says that the installer now has the information necessary to complete the installation, and I am asked to "review the following settings before continuing." The only thing is, the settings box is once again BLANK. No settings are indicated. I have tried aborting the installer, and restarting the installer. I get the same thing over and over again.

edited December 1969

Are you installing this for Poser 9 or Poser Pro 2012 as well?

If not, you do not need the Poser Companion files at all. If you are installing for Poser as well, do you know where the Poser CF files are supposed to go, and then you can enter the path. I don;t use Poser, so I have no idea.

edited January 2013

HI, JimmyC_2009, and thanks for your help with the last item above. Yes to some of this: I do need the Poser Companion files. I know where they are supposed to go. However, there is no way I can enter the path. The installer only presents a blank box. I can't type in the box. The installer seems quite happy and says it knows what it's doing. In other words, it's ready to go ahead with the installation. I quit the installer however, because I don't know what it will do or where those files may end up. There's something wrong with the installer.

Post edited by inquire on
    edited December 1969

That seems to be a bug in that installer then. I will draw Richards attention to that as well, but maybe you should let Support know yourself, it may take a day or two to get sorted out anyway.

edited January 2013

I filed several bug reports regarding errors I've found not only with this installer file but also with some of the products, such as the Flat Top Hair, and the Derek and Andrei characters, that come in the Freak 5 Pro Bundle.

edited December 1969

You could post a link to the bug reports here, and if anyone else has the same problems, they could add to these reports, or even help you to get around them

edited January 2013

OK, thanks. I didn't think of that.
    For the installer file: https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=49014
    For the Flat Top Hair: https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=49015
    For the Derek and Andrei Freak 5 characters: https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=49016

Here are the bug reports I've filed for the products in the Freak 5 Pro Bundle.

edited December 1969

I put a note on one of your bug reports, the Flat Top Hair. This item is in Poser Format, and you will need to look in the Poser Formats > My Library > Hair to find it. It has a fit for Genesis and M4, but I haven't installed it yet, downloading all the Freak 5 stuff now.

• acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    edited December 1969

inquire said:
    Now, here's another installer issue: When I try to install the Barbarian Boots for Genesis PoserCF, the installation path is BLANK. That's for the "Use Default Settings." If I click on "Customize Installation," the next item that pops up is "Uninstaller Options: Create Uninstaller." There's no option to customize the installation. If I click the next box, it says that the installer now has the information necessary to complete the installation, and I am asked to "review the following settings before continuing." The only thing is, the settings box is once again BLANK. No settings are indicated. I have tried aborting the installer, and restarting the installer. I get the same thing over and over again.

I can confirm this bug. I also filed a report.

edited December 1969

I put a note on one of your bug reports, the Flat Top Hair. This item is in Poser Format, and you will need to look in the Poser Formats > My Library > Hair to find it. It has a fit for Genesis and M4, but I haven't installed it yet, downloading all the Freak 5 stuff now.

Thank you very much. I didn't understand how to access that hair item.