how to import psd, png or jpg photos

edited December 1969 in New Users

when i click import jpg and png and psd are not selectable

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

buddhaji said:
    when i click import jpg and png and psd are not selectable

The .jpg and .png files can be applied to a surface using the little square buttons beside the colors shown on the Surface Tab > Edit side.

The .psd files are opened in an appropriate image program such as Adobe Photoshop, PSP, possibly gimp and a few others. Often these may contain layers and one would create using them, a .jpg or .png type file to use as mentioned above.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I'm betting you bought a postwork resource. Such images are designed to be used after your render is complete, either as backgrounds or overlays to enhance the picture. GIMP is a good free solution to loading in PSD files and using them, and has a wide selection of tools to get the most out of still images. An image may be good without postwork, but will be amazing with it.

• edited January 2013

thanks to both of you.
    I need to better explain my intention.
    I was thinking of creating a background using my photos. Not sure how to do this.
    And wanting to import a picture and animate it as a logo animation.

I tried to use the free Bryce clouds and other environments but I do not know how to load them - they are not selectable.

Post edited by ayurvedahc_08ecc05d54 on
  • Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

It's very simple if you want to use an image as background: Edit > Backdrop and then just browse to your file location.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

When you say 'create a background' I assume you mean as some kind of prop to be used? A simple method of doing this would be to create a 'plane' primitive and texture it with the JPEG file you want. This gives you a moveable prop which you can place anywhere. Set the ambient colour to white and the ambient value fairly high (50-100%) and there you go, one prop. Note however that they're quite limited in scope. Planes take up 3D space, but are still 2D objects. They have no depth, so your camera angle will have a huge impact on how it's viewed in the animation. With that in mind, be careful about how you move the camera around during the shooting.

Now, if you want to take that and make it into a more useable 3D prop, I suggest buying Hexagon (it's going quite cheap at the moment) and learning it well. It's a modeling tool which will help you take your 2D shapes and give them the extra dimension they sorely need in Daz Studio.

As for the Bryce clouds, currently Bryce objects are not Daz compatible. There are plenty of good sky-domes out there though, if that's all you require.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

buddhaji said:
    thanks to both of you.
    I need to better explain my intention.
    I was thinking of creating a background using my photos. Not sure how to do this.
    And wanting to import a picture and animate it as a logo animation.

I tried to use the free Bryce clouds and other environments but I do not know how to load them - they are not selectable.

Bryce formats can only be used in Bryce. However once you open them in Bryce you should be able to send some things over the bridge to DS. You first need to import them into Bryce though, using the presets libraries.