EyeBrow Remover Product Question

If I were to buy the Brow Remover product:https://www.daz3d.com/brow-remover-for-daz-studio

I would like a product that would let me substitute male eyebrows, LIE or fibermesh, (or both). There seems to be a product for the females. Are there products for the males? I can't find any.

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Yes, on Renderosity there is "Oh my brows" which you can use to replace brows, plus there are a few characters sold at DAZ and renderosity who also have eyebrows made of fibermesh.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

OK, thank you very much for the reference to "Oh My Brows." When you say there are characters sold here at DAZ with fibermesh eyebrows, do you mean that those eyebrows may be applied to a different character after removing eyebrows from that second (different) character? Would that not involve using the skin texture as well as the eyebrows?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    inquire said:

OK, thank you very much for the reference to "Oh My Brows." When you say there are characters sold here at DAZ with fibermesh eyebrows, do you mean that those eyebrows may be applied to a different character after removing eyebrows from that second (different) character? Would that not involve using the skin texture as well as the eyebrows?

No, extra skin texture as the Eyebrow Remover creates a new texture set for the brows that has no eyebrows but bare skin. Dale for G3M is an example of a recent character with fibre mesh brows.

inquire said:

You can use any fiber mesh hair usually on any same generation figure. Whether they 'fit' and look good is another matter.

Many male characters for genesis 3 actually have rather oddly shaped eyebrows. MAny are thin and arched and rather unusual truth be told.

The eyebrow remover product patches the area over the eyes so that  you can add brows of your choice. Unfortunately, not every brow shape looks good on every character. So while you can autofit a character's brows like Dale's to M7, it might not look right because of the way Dale's head is shaped or the sparsity of the brows. So it is nice to have a variety.

That said, I prefer to use the brows with fiber mesh over the painted on brows. I don't find that fiber mesh has appropriate depth for me and can look kind of odd on their own. But as usual it is a matter of taste and your mileage may vary.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

Hmmm, I can't find any other male character here who has fibermesh eyebrows that can be used with other G3 male characters, and searching the store doesn't seem to help, unless I don't know what term to enter in the search field. But thank you for the information. If I do buy the Eyebrow Remover product, I guess my best bet would be to also buy the Oh My Brows product.

Off hand, there are:

Dale https://www.daz3d.com/dale-for-genesis-3-male

Horror Survivor Marius (Genesis 2 may work for autofit, not sure) https://www.daz3d.com/horror-survivors-marius

Barbarian Chracter https://www.daz3d.com/dragonsbane-barbarian-character-hd-for-genesis-3-male

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

There's a good freebie set too; i was making my own months ago and saw these; it was quicker to add morphs material zones and fit them to G3F than make my own.

Laticis Imagery iirc, although not sure where I got them from.

• nicstt said:

There's a good freebie set too; i was making my own months ago and saw these; it was quicker to add morphs material zones and fit them to G3F than make my own.

Laticis Imagery iirc, although not sure where I got them from.

Probably on deviantArt. wink