Good particle software to use with Daz3D?

TryhardTryhard Posts: 166
edited April 2017 in Product Suggestions

[Good particle software to use with Daz3D?] Any one knows?

Im hoping to do something along the lines of those kind of effects:

That being ground OBJ shear/shatter, sparks, flames, smokes etc

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• InkuboInkubo Posts: 744

I bought the SimTenero Particle Physics kit, and so far I'm having great difficulty getting it to work--particles given a velocity don't seem to flow in the direction the emitter is pointed, but they might flow in a different direction for no apparent reason. And the "head" of the emitter doesn't seem to define the point where particles originate, meaning they might appear behind it or, depending on velocity, some distance in front of it rather than actually at the source. However, I haven't yet asked for tech support, so my problems may have a solution.

I'll be interested to know if others have had great success with this or any other particle engine.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    Blender can actually do particles now. Getting them to exportable obj can be a bit of a chore but it can certainly be done.
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041

well if you want software that does particles etc you can use your DAZ content in there is Carrara.

can even use Genesis 3 with a character preset availlable for sale at Renderosity.

You would have to render in Carrara though.

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

So what you are saying th3Digit, is that you can't do particles in DS, only in Carrara!

If I am not mistaken Blender is still a free program. I wonder how the Blender programers with no, or practically no budget can do this where as DS with the support of DAZ3d still does not have this feature even as a buyable addon?

The same argument can be used for many other features present in Blender but absent in DS. Features that would be very useful in DS and have been asked for many times by many people. Features such as "real" Physics effects, gravity, object collision detection and deformation, wind. brushes that alter the mesh of an object intuitively and on the fly, the ability to make all clothing and hair move dynamically.....

Maybe all these dreams will be realised in DS 5.0.

• So what you are saying th3Digit, is that you can't do particles in DS, only in Carrara!

If I am not mistaken Blender is still a free program. I wonder how the Blender programers with no, or practically no budget can do this where as DS with the support of DAZ3d still does not have this feature even as a buyable addon?

Easy; there are hundreds of people contributing to the development of blender in one way or another, whereas there are only a few folks actively doing coding work on DAZ Studio. When you have that level of development going on, things get done.

• TryhardTryhard Posts: 166
    Inkubo said:

I bought the SimTenero Particle Physics kit, and so far I'm having great difficulty getting it to work--particles given a velocity don't seem to flow in the direction the emitter is pointed, but they might flow in a different direction for no apparent reason. And the "head" of the emitter doesn't seem to define the point where particles originate, meaning they might appear behind it or, depending on velocity, some distance in front of it rather than actually at the source. However, I haven't yet asked for tech support, so my problems may have a solution.

I'll be interested to know if others have had great success with this or any other particle engine.

SIm tenero felt like a step in right direction, however lack of ability to edit those particles is a big no no for me

Blender can actually do particles now. Getting them to exportable obj can be a bit of a chore but it can certainly be done.

Go on.

th3Digit said:

well if you want software that does particles etc you can use your DAZ content in there is Carrara.

can even use Genesis 3 with a character preset availlable for sale at Renderosity.

That kind of kills it for me since I want to use Daz3D visual style shader.

Inkubo said:

SIm tenero felt like a step in right direction, however lack of ability to edit those particles is a big no no for me

Go on.

th3Digit said:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/158646/carrara-non-photo-realistic-works-show-studio-users-what-carrara-can-do#latest

So what you are saying th3Digit, is that you can't do particles in DS, only in Carrara!

The same argument can be used for many other features present in Blender but absent in DS. Features that would be very useful in DS and have been asked for many times by many people. Features such as "real" Physics effects, gravity, object collision detection and deformation, wind. brushes that alter the mesh of an object intuitively and on the fly, the ability to make all clothing and hair move dynamically.....

Maybe all these dreams will be realised in DS 5.0.

well you can with the Simtenero product to an extent, I have it also and have used it though its rather limited and tends to freeze up for me.

otherwise postwork is an option 

I use Hitfilm Express with its 3D and 2D effects and masking quite often

• TryhardTryhard Posts: 166
    th3Digit said:
    Inkubo said:

Go on.

th3Digit said:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/158646/carrara-non-photo-realistic-works-show-studio-users-what-carrara-can-do#latest

I see no visual style shader.

• Sim Tenero's particle engine is worth next to nothing . I bought it really really cheap , thank god...but I have only tried it some hours only to find out you can't do ANYTHING with the particles except getting some shaders on it....It is too restricted and useless......Such a shame , but glad I did not pay the full price for this.