saving shaping and posing

SteveBerr3DSteveBerr3D Posts: 39
edited December 1969 in New Users

I am having trouble saving some posing and shaping,their not showing up in my libary,its been doing the for the last two week,I tried reinstalling but it didn't help. Everything else work fine. I have Daz 4.5 pro.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

How are you saving them, and where are you saving them to, and in what format?

Where are you looking ifor them in the Content Library?

• SteveBerr3DSteveBerr3D Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure on the format, but I usely find them in the shaping,or the posing tabs.

edited December 1969

But how do you save them? And where do you save then to?

Do you use File > Save As, and if so what option do you use. Where do you tell DAZ Studio to put it?

edited December 1969

For the charater ,the charatar opation and for the pose the post option. It has worked befoed but hasn't in the last few weeks.

edited December 1969

For the charater ,the charatar opation and for the pose the post option. It has worked befoed but hasn't in the last few weeks.

I think you are saying that you are using File > Save As > Character Preset, and Pose Preset. You will need to tell me a lot more about what happens when you try to save these.

Do they seem to save correctly? Where do you save them to, this is the third time I have asked this question, if you save them somewhere outside of a DAZ Studio content folder, DAZ Studio wont see them.

When you save as a Character Preset, do you get a box like the one shown below, if so, where do you save the file to?

Untitled-1.jpg
    820 x 544 - 174K
    edited December 1969

I have found them in dazs folders on where I have sent them but their not showing up in the Daz presets or unassigned,as for the box you sent me,I havnt seen it but they do save in the proper files,there not showing up when i want to place them in a scene.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi SteveBerr3D :)

you should be able to go to file import and then select the file you saved from the folder you saved it in.
    that will apply the "pose" or load the Character into the scene.

if you can provide a screen capture of "Where" you're saving the files, this may help us to help you.

edited December 1969

When I save a Character Preset, it saves into this folder: Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\People\Genesis\Characters.

When I want to load it again, I go to the Content Library > DAZ Studio Formats > My Library > People > Genesis > Characters, and I will find the character Preset there. Have you looked in the Content Library for them? (NOT Smart Content)

edited December 1969

I have looked everywhere and I still cant find them as I sais it stared doing this for two to three weeks. I have done every correct. I even seen the file on where they are sopose to be but there not showing up for some reason.

edited December 1969

I have found them in dazs folders on where I have sent them but their not showing up in the Daz presets or unassigned,as for the box you sent me,I havnt seen it but they do save in the proper files,there not showing up when i want to place them in a scene.

You said you had found them, is that not the case?

You still have not said where you save them to, and without that information it is very difficult to help you.

Load a Genesis model, you don't need to do anything to it, go to File > Save As > Character Preset, and tell me what folder the save dialogue wants to save it in. Give it a name you will recognise again, and then look for it where you saved it to.

PLEASE tell me where you are saving it to. This is the fourth time of asking, and it is getting very difficult to help you at all.

edited December 1969

It says .dsa file

edited January 2013

I have DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro as well, and it saves in DUF format. What version of 4.5 is it? Help > About DAZ Studio

The latest version is 4.5.1.56, and I think you will need to download it and re-install. Go to your My Account area, then Itemised Order History, and Reset the download for DAZ Studio 4.5, then reinstall it. That should fix it for you.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

I just updated 4.5.1.56

edited December 1969

In that case, the only way you can save as a DSA file, is by using Save As > Deprecated > Character Preset. DO NOT use that option, use the Save As > Character Preset, and it will save it in DUF format.

edited December 1969

I tried the save as,charactor pre set and it says I must slect a TriAx Weight mapped figure in a scene, I dont get it.??

edited December 1969

You are using a Gen 4 figure, V4, M4 etc? I am sorry, I just assumed Genesis, it's a lot simpler to work with.

Can you try saving it again using the Deprecated save, and see where it is saved to. Can you please tell me the folder that it is saving into, not the file extension.

edited December 1969

From what I can tell it goes to Libraries-Doc-Daz 3D-Studio-Ly Library-Presets-Characters. i found it there but not in Daz itself.

edited December 1969

P.s I use V4,M4 ect

edited December 1969

From what I can tell it goes to Libraries-Doc-Daz 3D-Studio-Ly Library-Presets-Characters. i found it there but not in Daz itself.

To find it inside DAZ Studio, go to the Content Library pane, DAZ Studio Formats > My Library > Presets > Characters. If it is there in that folder, DAZ Studio will see it. Did you give it a name you can easily recognise?

Make sure that you are using the CONTENT LIBRARY pane and not Smart Content. I can see DSF files in My Content Library, so you should be able to as well, assuming that it saved correctly. Did you get any error messages when you saved this file?

edited December 1969

Ok I did find it and I didn't receve any error messages,I still need to find the poses tho,I will find them,thanks.