About frame 0 and 1. Which is the right way to start the render in an Animation?

VenerisVeneris Posts: 115
edited January 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

I use render Start at number 1 in an animation. because during the rendering process appears to frame number being created.

But I think I'm missing one frame to exclude the number 0, when I start to render the number 0 does not show me that frame number being created.

I must start at 0 or 1 for an animation?

And if the answer is in 0 why not show me the frame number being created?

Post edited by Veneris on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,148
    edited December 1969

0 is the first frame, I'm not sure what you mena about not showing it being created.

• VenerisVeneris Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

0 is the first frame, I'm not sure what you mena about not showing it being created.

English is not my language, I give you an example to see if it helps.

When I start a Render to an Animation I start at frame 1, shows elapsed time and the [number] of the frame that is being created ...

Rendering image 5...... Rendering image 6.....

When I start a Render to an Animation I start at frame 0, shows elapsed time and is not shown the [number] of the frame that is being created ...

Rendering image...... Rendering image.....

The second option is difficult to know when will the last frame, is more useful to me the first option, but I lose a frame if you tell me that 0 is the first frame. If you did not know this, do you the test.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

are you rendering images in sequence or to a movie format? If you're rendering in sequence, what you COULD do is render to RIB and use the 3Delight Stand Alone and do a batch render using that. That will not only tell you the frame it is rendering, but also you can watch it render each frame.

edited January 2013

wancow said:
    are you rendering images in sequence or to a movie format? If you're rendering in sequence, what you COULD do is render to RIB and use the 3Delight Stand Alone and do a batch render using that. That will not only tell you the frame it is rendering, but also you can watch it render each frame.

Movie Format. And what's RIB and 3Delight Stand Alone? Are they external softwares?

I think what you are trying to tell me is, do a sequence of images and then renderize eg in Sony Vegas for the video, is that correct?

Post edited by Veneris on
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited January 2013

a RIB file is a Renderman file. From DAZ Studio, you can render to RIB. The 3Delight stand alone software will read that file and render. And yes: assembling the sequenced images to video. It will also allow you to render layers... IMHO, it makes life easier, but that's me.

http://www.3delight.com/

Post edited by wancow on
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    a RIB file is a Renderman file. From DAZ Studio, you can render to RIB. The 3Delight stand alone software will read that file and render. And yes: assembling the sequenced images to video. It will also allow you to render layers... IMHO, it makes life easier, but that's me.

http://www.3delight.com/

Ok, I'll try.