Beam - projecteur avec faisceaux

Bonjour,
Sur un challenge (#31) j'étais intervenu pour apprécier le job de Vysur et ses faisceaux réalistes (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/147136/carrara-challenge-31-music-for-my-eyes/p6).
J'avais indiqué ma méthode (un peu de bidouille) pour obtenir de multiples faisceau et Dartanbeck était intervenu pour m'indiquer une autre méthode. 
Dartanbeck said :
"Very nice! We can also use images to help with that in the Gel tab. Works great, and can then also be incorporated in the Light Cone effect as volumetric fog ;) The trick then comes trying to get just te right combination between intensity and fall-off. So freaking fun!"

Aujourd'hui j'ai enfin pris le temps de tester cette méthode. Et effectivement ça marche et mieux !
Merci Dartanbeck :-)
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hello,
On a challenge (# 31) I intervened to appreciate the job of Vysur and its realistic beams (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/147136/carrara-challenge-31-music-for-my- Eyes / p6).
I had indicated my method (a bit of hacking) to get multiple beam and Dartanbeck had stepped in to tell me another method.
Dartanbeck said:
"Very nice, we can also use images to help with that in the Gel tab. And fall-off. So freaking fun! "

Today I finally took the time to test this method. And actually it works and better!
Thanks Dartanbeck :-)

Light-Beam.jpg
1129 x 515 - 216K
Light-Beam(2).jpg
417 x 484 - 13K

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Very nice gel for this! good job, Jamy!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Jamy,  Looking good!  I wonder... does it make a difference if the TMap is changed to a larger or smaller size.  I wonder also if Gaussian Blur would effect the beam differenty.

I think the image size matters for shape accuracy of the gel and, yes... blurring the image will make a difference - especially on the resullting shadow.

Cool... thanks Dart.

Try it. Toss any ol' image in there - I do recommend not using one of too high resolution to avoid having to wait forever though! LOL

• JamyJamy Posts: 192

Hi,

if someone want to try it,
    here are the files :-)
    Have a nice day

Ronds Spot.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 117K
    zip
    zip
    Faisceau Rayon.car.zip

Dart, I'll keep the size down as small as 500x500 but may go up to 1500x1500 on ocassion to see what diff is.

Jamy,  Thanks!  I will give it a walk around the block.  Perhaps even change colours in spots to see what that looks like.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

Oh, and don't forget, you can use movies and image sequences for gels. Also, colored gels can be fun.

Kewl,  Thanks Evil

Thanks Jamy!!! I'm using this!