Jumping into the Fray~ My Artwork

JEHarvey68JEHarvey68 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Hi everyone~ I'm quite new to using forums so please be gentle; I will get the hang of it :) I had submitted an image for the DAZ 3D galleries before they went all crazy-town during the re-fit. After having a look at some amazing art here, I decided to throw this image into the fray, so to speak.

Set up & rendered in DAZ Studio 4 Pro using the UE2 base only, no HDRI or other lights, postworked in PSE7.

I originally posed these two M4 based characters of mine in sort of a supermodel session pose, but it was so corny and pretentious-looking to me that I got the idea to completely change their attitudes and here's the result. Hope you enjoy & thanks for your interest!

My Renderosity gallery: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=669583

My Rendo Freebies: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?user_id=669583

DAZ-AGSS-JeH-4-18-12.jpg
600 x 600 - 179K

Comments

• kylumikylumi Posts: 291
    edited June 2012

I have just been looking over your gallery at Rendo......very nice. ;-)

This image is great because it is so damn natural.......the the POV is superb.
    I particularly like the girl or, is it a boy??, she/he is superb. You will rarely see anyone smiling in my stuff....I just cannot get them to look right!!! :lol:
    Excellent, my friend.

Post edited by kylumi on
  • JEHarvey68JEHarvey68 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

*LoL* They are both males, but I fully expect people to have trouble telling my figures' genders apart~ I don't know why I envision humans this way except I suppose it has something to do with my strong opinions regarding equality between the sexes.

Thank you so much for your flattering comments & also for having a look at my Rendo gallery :-) I truly appreciate it!

• edited June 2012

What skin is that on the guy on the right? I've got a character who would look gorgeous in it... Much better than he does in his current re-mapped A3 skin.

Also, this is a really well-posed scene. I've been staring at it for like ten minutes. It's just... good.

Post edited by thinmick_3ecd3939f1 on
    edited December 1969

ThinMick said:
    What skin is that on the guy on the right? I've got a character who would look gorgeous in it... Much better than he does in his current re-mapped A3 skin.

Also, this is a really well-posed scene. I've been staring at it for like ten minutes. It's just... good.

Funnily enough so have I Mick..............I think its one of the most natural duo/couple scenes I have seen in a long while.:coolsmile:
    I mean it actually looks authentic [not forced].....

edited December 1969

Hey ThinMick, thanks for the kind comment, I truly appreciate it~

I had to go check which skin I used; it looks like the standard res M4 skin which I added filters to in PSE7 to make the skin lighter. By doing that, it also made the skin a little smoother, so once applied to M4 I got this somewhat *gothic* skin tone without it looking vampire-ishly white or gray.

• edited December 1969

Hey ThinMick, thanks for the kind comment, I truly appreciate it~

I had to go check which skin I used; it looks like the standard res M4 skin which I added filters to in PSE7 to make the skin lighter. By doing that, it also made the skin a little smoother, so once applied to M4 I got this somewhat *gothic* skin tone without it looking vampire-ishly white or gray.

Wow, really? I'm... going to have to go play around a little, then. I hadn't really thought about tweaking the default skin... But, if it looks that good, I'm sold. *laughs*

edited December 1969

Yes, definitely tweak around; it can't hurt. I should mention here that I'm also somewhat obsessive with postworking as painting is my first & long-standing love. The boys' skins didn't require much postwork, but I did do some dodge & burn on the hands especially, lightly on their faces and even more lightly on the rest of their skin. To me, this can make a big difference in the final image. Hope this tip comes in handy :)

Thanks again to both yourself and kylumi for the compliments~ I'm so pleased you like their pose & the image! I'll probably upload another soon.

edited December 1969

Another of my images; this one's more painterly than realistic. Again, used just the UE2 base, no lights, in D|S4 then postworked it in PSE7.
    I'm now using D|S4 Pro and PSE10 so things are a little more user-friendly. Thanks for having a peek & for your interest~ I totally appreciate all feedback, btw. Fresh eyes will see things that I just don't see and I'm always trying to improve my skills, so it's all good :)

RetriTime_ShareCG-size.jpg
    800 x 800 - 343K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Your painterly Style really makes this one Pop. The compostion is done very well also. The eye flow is great, if you understand what I mean.

edited December 1969

Thanks for your compliment, Jaderail~ I appreciate you having a look.

edited December 1969

Another of my images; this one's more painterly than realistic. Again, used just the UE2 base, no lights, in D|S4 then postworked it in PSE7.
    I'm now using D|S4 Pro and PSE10 so things are a little more user-friendly. Thanks for having a peek & for your interest~ I totally appreciate all feedback, btw. Fresh eyes will see things that I just don't see and I'm always trying to improve my skills, so it's all good :)

I love this one.................excellent my friend. :coolsmile:

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Really like this one, looks great. The metal (armour, sword, the necklace in his hand) looks especially good.

edited December 1969

Loaar said:

Really like this one, looks great. The metal (armour, sword, the necklace in his hand) looks especially good.

Thank you kylumi and Loaar for your appreciative comments :) btw, Loaar, erm....The *guy* with the sword is a female *rofl* That's DAZ's Princess Alex armor which I've applied my own textures to ;) and the necklace and chainmaille skirt are 100% postwork. No worries on the mix-up, btw; my husband said "your guy looks like Michael Jackson".

As I said earlier, I am quite prepared and even expect people to have trouble discerning the sex of my characters; they often seem to end up androgenous. It's kinda weird, but what would art be without the element of weird? I can think of one descriptive word-- *Boring* :)

I really appreciate you having a look at my artwork, it means a lot, so thanks again for your comments!

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

oops lol.

I did wonder briefly if it was a man or a woman, I guess I picked the wrong one.

edited December 1969

*LoL* not to worry :coolsmile: it is all good.