I can't cut Terrains in Bryce 7.1 Pro

ADAD Posts: 396
edited April 2017 in Bryce Discussion

Hi,

I've some problems using Bryce 7.1 pro on my system (windows 7,64-Bit). I have installed Bryce (but I can't install the content-exe named BryceProContent_7.0.0.19_Win.exe

I can only install Bryce_7.1.0.109_Win32.exe and BryceContent_7.0.0.21_Win.exe

Bryce works (but not very well), but I can't cut terrains (not at the buttom and not at the top). If I try this, it shows me correct under "e - edit" but if I confirm this changes with the hook, then this change is not done in the working window. Please take a look at the attached screen. 

Can somebody help please?

Thanks and happy easter to all.

sshot-60.jpg
2004 x 1164 - 296K
Post edited by AD on

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,499
    edited April 2017

I don't know why you can't install the content. I'm also working wit Win7 64 bit. However, I think I can help with cutting terrains. You went with the mouse into the gradient and moved it up in your example. Right of the gradient is a "bracket" and you have to use this one. Grab it at the lower end and move it up and the lower cut should get red. Likewise, you can grap the top and pull it down to cut above and you get the cut part yellow. You can still grab the gradient and move it.

Cut Start

Above before cutting, below after cutting. The 3D Preview at right shows the difference.

After Cut

TE-Cut1.jpg
    947 x 605 - 62K
    TE-Cut2.jpg
    947 x 605 - 70K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • S RayS Ray Posts: 399
    edited April 2017

As Horo showed you have to clip the terrain untill the canvas turns red then there will be no  mesh generated for that area.

Post edited by S Ray on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,577

As I recall the content installers at one point were configured incorrectly so the Pro and regular content uninstalled each other, but I thought that was fixed.  Were these downloaded recently?

• ADAD Posts: 396

Yes I downloaded these Bryce files recently for the new installation. It was years ago, I used Bryce the last time on my system. In the meantime I had no Bryce files on my system since a few days ago. For this new installation I needed and downloaded the actually files from my account.

Thank a lot to Horo for this wonderful declaration with this pictures! You have helped me with my problem very much and it works now.

THANK YOU, THANKS; THX ...

Gretings  

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,499

AD - you're more than welcome; glad I could be of help. Thank you for reporting back.