DAZ Studio quit working

The last time I ran DAZ Studio was two or three days ago. Today, when I tried to run it, I get the splash screen, but then it crashes and I get an error saying "DAZStudio quit unexpectedly" and a bunch of information I think is an error log. I tried uninstalling DAZ Studio, and reinstalling it, but that didn't help. I am running on an iMac with the latest Mac OS version.

I have submitted a help ticket to DAZ, but I'm hoping maybe someone has a suggestion to help get me back running again.

Comments

• There is a log created when DS start so by looking at that you should be able to find out how far it got when it started, but I am not sure where that loh ends up on Mac.

If you can post some information about what is in the log it might help to find out what has happened.

Software never just "stop" working, there is always a reason if it worked before so something has changed, any chance you have updated something else on your computer ?

• I believe on the Mac the log is in the Application Support folder, under Daz 3D\Studio4.

• RalMRalM Posts: 33
    edited June 2017

Hello

I have the same problem with my Windows 10 system. I have uninstalled DAZ studio, SQL and DIM, cleaned the registry, nothing helps. Reinstalled the Program. On the loading screen, on the point "building interface", the program crashes an I can`t start it.

Do anyone knows what the problem is, maybe a dll or something ?

Greetings Ralf

Post edited by RalM on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

You may have created and saved a scene that is too big for the amount or RAM that you have or that exposes a bug in DAZ Studio in some way and when DAZ Studio automatically opens that scene when you open DAZ Studio and DAZ Studio will keep crashing until you rename the scene file to a new name so DAZ Studio won't find it, open it, and crash.

After renaming the offending scene file, once you are back in DAZ Studio then turn off the open last scene or open default scene in Edit-Preferences menu to avoid that problem in the future.

• RalMRalM Posts: 33

Thank you but there is no scene, I only will start the program !

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

Thank you but there is no scene, I only will start the program !

Some people configure DAZ Studio to open a scene when DAZ is opened by default. Are you sure that is turned off for you? If it is fine, that is not the problem but if DAZ is opening a scene as soon as you open DAZ then that scene might be the source of the problem.

• 265lutab265lutab Posts: 5

Did anyone solve this?