Can find some content, not all

krickerdkrickerd Posts: 186
edited April 2017 in Carrara Discussion

I've been using DAZ Connect to install much of my content for DS so far (haven't installed very much since building my new PC).  It works great for DS but Carrara doesn't see most of it.  It sees some of it but not much.  I'm not sure why this install is different than last time.  I've even navigated to the folder for DAZ Connect and pointed Carrara to that but it didn't work.  What is the best protocol in harmonizing everything?  I'm not going to use DC and DIM to install content twice, that would be wasteful.  I'd like to play around with some animation and physics, particle simulation etc in Carrara without having to export posed figures as .obj from DS.

Post edited by krickerd on

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Carrara doesn't use Daz Connect. If you want content to appear in Carrara, you need to use DIM or manual install. Connect is DS-only.

• krickerdkrickerd Posts: 186

Carrara doesn't use Daz Connect. If you want content to appear in Carrara, you need to use DIM or manual install. Connect is DS-only.

That appears to be not 100% true.  Some of the items that Carrara can see were installed using DC.  Example V3 Apocalyptic Sun was installed with DC and Carrara can see it.  When I open DIM, it is still in the "Ready to Download" section.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

V3 would be poser content

do you a "content" folder added to your carrara browser?

content separate option than poser runtime

• krickerdkrickerd Posts: 186
    Mistara said:

V3 would be poser content

do you a "content" folder added to your carrara browser?

content separate option than poser runtime

Yes.  I don't understand why some of the Genesis essentials are available in Carrara, such as built in shaders and lights, while genesis figures and most of the wardrobe is not.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989
    edited April 2017

your setup musn't be quite right as all your Genesis products should be available in Carrara... well, mine is.. but I don't use the Daz Connect as it's only for DS.. if DRM is on the products then they won't show in Carrara..

There is two structures in Carrara to see your products ( not including any Runtime folders you may have created seperately )

The Poser structure ( My Daz 3D Library Runtime )

and the 

Daz Studio structure ( My Daz3D Library )

both these should be seen in the Carrara Content TAB.... if they are not then you will need to set them up. smiley

Post edited by Stezza on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

are you looking on the carrara smart tab or the content tab?

if you lookin on the smart tab, think that requires importing meta data to your cms.