Valle Alpina Camera Issue - SOLUTION

NoneNone Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Just had a PM from Howie about Valle Alpina and how to sort the Camera issue - message below :)

yes there is an easy fix. The product was created with an extra bit of forest to fill in the foreground space for rendering distance shots that do not need the river and meadow. Unfortunately the scene shipped with this bit of forest turned on.

If you look through the scene hierarchy and find a group called “Forest Detail Fill” and either delete it or set it invisible then the scene will render normally. The full path is:

Alpine Backdrop -> Forest -> Forest Detail Fill

I’ll try to get Daz to release an updated version of the file that has this piece of forest turned off by default.

Cheers,

(HowieFarkes)

So hope that helps others :)

Comments

• petefpetef Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know what that camera issue was.

Would you have any tips on getting some decent speed regards to scene navigation, I'm running with Dual 6 core 3.4ghz Zeon's, 48gig ram and a 3gig Ati 7950 and I have to drop it down to bounding box to get any decent navigation, with World Gardens Japan,Maple Meadows, and Country Lane I can have everything fully textured and I can fly around the scene but Valle Alpina just slows all of Carrara down to a halt.

I'm using Carrara 8.1.1.12, it's got to be something to do with my settings I'm assuming.

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Just had a PM from Howie about Valle Alpina and how to sort the Camera issue - message below :)

So hope that helps others :)

THANK-YOU! I can hardly wait to try this out and get some more beautiful Howie renders.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI All :)

just a note about using replicators and scene navigation,...

If you set all the replicators to display (points) or none,. if possible,. then you'll be able to move the camera around much easier,
    once you find a good camera position, switch back to "bounding box" to check that you're not looking at the middle of a replicated object :)

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    If you set all the replicators to display (points) or none,. if possible,. then you'll be able to move the camera around much easier, once you find a good camera position, switch back to "bounding box" to check that you're not looking at the middle of a replicated object :)

I'll have to remember this one. Navigating a Howie scene can be ... troublesome ... for even the beefiest of machines. ;)