More believable 'hard' sci-fi content, please: a rather lengthy request.

123457»

Comments

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,538
    edited August 2017

New spacesuit from SpaceX, really works, inspiration:

https://i.redditmedia.com/ixHIWpINCRkcv-29pW-gjC9LgSFcn_fnZDyriykSydE.jpg?w=768&s=072b5125982567664648166e2b71305f

Post edited by tkdrobert on
  • Blind OwlBlind Owl Posts: 501

Cool! I wonder how it works: you'd think that in a vacuum, the wearer would be pretty much immobilized unless the suit has some kind of pressure-compensating arrangement at the major joints.

Otherwise I'd expect it to be about as rigid as a fire hose.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Looks to me like either an "inside the cabin only" suit, or something to be worn over a skintight suit to protect it from normal wear and tear.

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,538

It's not designed for space walks apparently.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    tkdrobert said:

It's not designed for space walks apparently.

<nod> An inside suit, then. The Apollo suits were like that, IIRC — there was a robust oversuit to be used with a long umbilical for EVA work, and the actual pressure suit under it, used on its own with a short umbilical (too short to let you leave the cabin). It's one of the reasons the full suits were so bulky and awkward. Think of the old M3 suit with a "stout" morph turned up to eleven.

• Blind OwlBlind Owl Posts: 501
    edited August 2017

Whatever the real-world technical details are, I'd love to have that helmet & yoke as a wearable item in DS (pant pant).

Post edited by Blind Owl on
  • wolf359 said:

I always wanted a space suit styled like the "Clavious mooon base suits" in the classic " 2001 a space oddessy"

So I made myself one for the G2 malecheeky

Do you sell this suit anywhere?  Cuz its AWESOME!

• Patrick TynerPatrick Tyner Posts: 640
    edited June 2018

I am really into a meshing of Toon Style of Space with a futuristic Semi Realistic Style!!

Post edited by Patrick Tyner on
  • IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

Nice :)