Cannot locate new purchased products

I've purchased a couple new outfits for a genesis character. I use DIM to install, as always, but I cannot find them in Carrara.

The two products in question are the

Mars Explorer outfit by midnight_stories, which says software required is DS 4.9.

Nano suit warpack (which requires the Nano suit, which I have), and says it is compatible with DazStudio.

I've searched everything I can in the browser, but cannot find them by either midnight_stories, or under Genesis, either in Figures or Props. I've been up and down the content tree, but no dice.

Do I need to go into DS 4.9 to export them? If so, which option should I choose in the Save As?

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

No you shouldn't

If they are for Genesis they should be located in the browser tab under:

My DAZ 3D Library--->People--->Genesis---->Clothing

smiley

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited April 2017

Did you look under "C:/Users/Public/Public Documenst/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/Downloads", That's where InstallManager deposits the files it downloads automatically.

Post edited by argus1000 on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Two questions:

1.  Did you open DIM to see exactly where the files were installed? (left click on DIM "installed" tab, right click on the content you seek, left click on "show installed files")

2.  Did you try the alphabetical listing under the smart content tab in your Carrara browser? (smart content tab, left click triangle next to "products," left click triangle next to the letter the product begins with)

• murph101murph101 Posts: 68

Thank you, thank you!

I chased down the install paths in both DIM and Windows Explorer. I found the actual content, but it wasn't showing up in the Carrara Content tab. 

Stezza said:

No you shouldn't

If they are for Genesis they should be located in the browser tab under:

My DAZ 3D Library--->People--->Genesis---->Clothing

smiley

I couldn't see the path above in the Content tab at all, but it was certainly there in Windows Explorer. So I went to the File/Folder menu on the right side of the Content and added the folder. Then I was able to see the respective products Mars Explorer and Nano Suit in the Content tree.

Thanks!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Cool stuff! I'm going to get those too. I just recently got the Hyper Suit for Genesis and really like it. 

Being used to manipulating stuff in the shader room makes these things really fun to mess with, since he (Midnight Stories) gives us so much to work with for texture maps!

Now I want to just keep on collecting all of his cool Genesis goodies! Brute X for Genesis looks like a lot of fun, and so does that crazy freaking Sabbatic Goat!!! :)  But then there's... well... the rest!   MS Lycan for Genesis was my first MS product, and I love it!

Anyways... glad you've found it!