Noob Question: Renaming Surfaces

RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
edited May 2017 in The Commons

Can someone quickly explain how to rename a surface zone? For example, I just modded a Genesis 2 Female version Morphing Fantasy Dress to have the skirt and hemline zones split between front and back and I want to rename the "Skirt" and "HemlineTrim" zones as "SkirtBack" and "HemlineBack" respectively.

Untitled.png
1600 x 900 - 553K
Post edited by RCDeschene on

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

No idea; i modify geometry in Blender, I find it quicker and easier.

• Activated the Geometry Editor Tool, go in the Tool Settings Tabs...

... if you want rename a group, in the Surfaces listing, double click on the surface group that you want rename.

... if you want assign a surface group to an another one, in the Surfaces listing, click on the Surface you want rename (Click on the "+" symbol for select the surface), now right click on the target surface and choice "Assign Selected Faces to group".

• Switch to the Geoemtry Editor tool (Tools menu) and open the Tool Settings pane - you can't rename (as far as I know) but you can select all members of a surface by clicking the + next to it, then right-click on the Surfaces heading and select Create Surface from Selected... Then you can click on the name of the now empty, unwanted surface to select it then right-click on it and use remove seelcted groups.

• TomDowdTomDowd Posts: 197

Switch to the Geoemtry Editor tool (Tools menu) and open the Tool Settings pane - you can't rename (as far as I know) but you can select all members of a surface by clicking the + next to it, then right-click on the Surfaces heading and select Create Surface from Selected... Then you can click on the name of the now empty, unwanted surface to select it then right-click on it and use remove seelcted groups.

Double-clicking on the Surface name (as listed under Surfaces group) lets you change the name.

Resurecting this thread because it just answered my question!

TD

• Thank you, did not know and I always end up with lots of stupid names from hexagon.