Yikes!! DS3 AND DS4 NOT compatible with Win 7??

BrycescaperBrycescaper Posts: 148

I had a fresh install of Win7 on a new hard drive and since then, even though I used the same downloads I backed up on a secondary drive, Daz now decrees itself to be incompatible With Win 7. That's the current release (4.0.3.7) in 32 and 64 bit. Bryce7 Pro isn't affected (thank God) and when in desperation I reinstalled Bryce 6 to get an earlier version It installed Daz 1.3, which is really roughing it, but at least it works. I uninstalled it again to see if that was the problem but it wasn't. .
The problem is this: it installs okay, even the cursed content management database. No errors in installation. Not even a suggestion to reinstall using 'recommended settings'. When the icon is pressed, either within Bryce or desktop or even in the program folder, there's no response. I troubleshot (if that's the term) compatability issues on instinct and I was dead on. Even backward compatability settings to Vista didn't work. Staff, you'd better get a developer copy of Win 8 and test it before we all get screwed LMAO

Goosed_at_Sea.jpg
600 x 487 - 61K
Post edited by Brycescaper on

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

I can run DS, Bryce, and Hex just fine on Win 7 64bit.

• BrycescaperBrycescaper Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

By the way, the cool surfboard in the 'Goosed At Sea' pic above is actually thesailboard from free.daz.com. Just removed the sail and covered the hole of the base of the sail with her, ummm... well, they cover it up just nicely....

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    I can run DS, Bryce, and Hex just fine on Win 7 64bit.

Yeah, that's the weird part of it... so did I even right after the install when I reinstalled the programs. Then DS4 wouldn't recognize non-metadata'd contenrt, which I raised merry hell over a few days back, and now it won't run at all. I even installed Daz 4.5 but repented quickly when the readme said it was not compatible with Daz 4.0, that it has different file extensions. I hope you developers are trying to keep Daz backward-compatability intact for glitches like this.
    edited December 1969

Sorry, forgot the cofig info on my system...Dell Inspiron, 64 bit Win 7 Home Premium, 6 gig of memory, new 2T hard drive

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Err.. Did you reinstall DS4 after uninstalling DS4.5? It's not only not compatible, but installing 4.5 automatically uninstalls 4.0, which could be why your icons aren't doing anything.

edited December 1969

Several times... I istalled and uninstalled it yesterday, then tried installing D|S Pro 32 and that didn't work, so I uninstalled that and tried 64 bit. No luck... funny thing is before I had both 32 and 64 bit DS4Pro installed at the same time and they didn't conflict.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

You must Remove the CMS and the CMS database and a few other bits I think, to get DS4Pro to run after you remove DS4.5.

I'm Win7 64bit and run DS2.1 32bit, DS3A 32bit, DS3A 64bit, DS4Pro 32bit and DS4Pro 64bit with Hex 2.5 and Carrara 6.0 Pro all just fine.

It's not the Op Sys but something else that is fubaring your installs.

EDIT: I forgot Bryce 7 pro. I'm sure something can be done. If I can do it YOU should be able to do it.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,448
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    You must Remove the CMS and the CMS database and a few other bits I think, to get DS4Pro to run after you remove DS4.5.

I'm Win7 64bit and run DS2.1 32bit, DS3A 32bit, DS3A 64bit, DS4Pro 32bit and DS4Pro 64bit with Hex 2.5 and Carrara 6.0 Pro all just fine.

It's not the Op Sys but something else that is fubaring your installs.

EDIT: I forgot Bryce 7 pro. I'm sure something can be done. If I can do it YOU should be able to do it.

I've got a similar list all running on Win7 64bit without any issues, except for the occasional DS3A 64bit complaining that it didn't shut down properly, when I exit the program.

• Jshiff1Jshiff1 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

I, to have the same problem. I am currently running Daz3 Advanced, 64 bit. Runs great. I installed the freebie daz pro 4 and tried to start it and nothing. No message, no splash screen, nothing at all. The little hour glass comes on for a few seconds and then quits. I checked the compatability and it's fine. Before I got the freebie, I was running the Daz4 beta version to see if I would like it better than the Daz3. That worked fairly well, but of course, is gone now after installing the new version. I don't know enough about the workings of the computer to do anything about it so I thought I would ask for help. I am running a pc with windows 7 pro with an I7 chip, 24 gbs ram and a 1 tb hard drive. I keep my runtime folder on an external hard drive. Thanks for any help. Jon

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Try Kendall Sears' fix for corrupted downloads: http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/krsears/utilities/FixDaz.zip.html

• Jshiff1Jshiff1 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

WOW! Fast reply. I tried the fix I think. I'm not quite sure what file goes in the input and which one goes in the output. I put the installer file in the input and made a name for the output and started the fix, It said it found nothing wrong and yet the problem persists. My luck seems to go this way most of the time. Thank you, Jon