Scene Optimizer [Commercial]

14567810»

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,514

@V3Digitimes:
    Hi, I just found something you should not do with Scene Optimizer (This is on the macOS version of DS, trying to get it confirmed on Windows as well). The reason I did what I did is that I had setup a scene using Public Beta, and used Scene Optimizer to scale down textures of a "miniature" of a large set.
    I wanted to render using Boost4Daz, but currently Iray server does not support the latest Iray in Public Beta, so I opened the scene in the Release version, and DS crashes hard when it cannot find the scaled down images.
    So, I could have solved it by moving the V3D image folder from the Public Beta Temp Directory to the Release Temp directory. 
    I guess the bug is in DS, not in your product, but I thought a fair warning about a possible "Opps!" was due. 

Cheers,

/ Totte aka Code 66

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,051

Hi @Totte, thanks so much for letting me know!! Yes, I agree with you, the crash issue probably comes from Daz Studio itself, since the low scale maps created have nothing particular (I mean in comparison with any other map you would create yourself and load in a surface property slot). Maybe there were too many maps DS could not find (plus could not find an associated product) and it resulted in a crash... Or maybe it's linked to a specific way to handle temp folder between different versions.. Well thanks for letting us know for the solution here, this way I'll be able to answer people who might have such an issue.

On my side I use copies of maps directly in their original content runtime folder (since I always use DIM), so I never met this issue (plus all my DS versions share the same content folders), that's why that's so nice from you to share this info here!

Have a great day!