Installation Questions

fguedezfguedez Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I installed Studio 4.5 on windows 7, then I installed Bryce 7. My first question is that there seems to be a lot of problems with the file system structure when installing content to work on both programs, will it help to uninstall both and install Bryce first and its content and then install Studio 4.5?
Another question, what is the support of Studio 4.5 for older figures like V3 and M3 are they supported at all? are any of the older figures, their morphs and textures worth installing at all?
Any advice will be much appreciated, thank you

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

My first question is that there seems to be a lot of problems with the file system structure when installing content to work on both programs

Installing Bryce and it's content should not affect DAZ Studio, or vice versa, they do not use the same content anyway. What content were you hoping to use on bothe programs? DAZ Studio uses Poser and DS content, and Bryce uses OBP in general. Neither can be opened by the other program.

Another question, what is the support of Studio 4.5 for older figures like V3 and M3 are they supported at all? are any of the older figures, their morphs and textures worth installing at all?

DS 4.5 can open all previous older figures, and their morphs and clothing, but whether it is worthwhile installing them is up to you. Genesis comes free with DS4.5, but there are still people using M3 and V3 too. Genesis is free, but the older figures are no.

• fguedezfguedez Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the information.
    It seems to me that some Daz figures got installed into a file structure created by Bryce...a runtime folder was created and some of the Daz figure and character data was installed there, anyway i am learning about how studio 4.5 works, very impressive and powerful software. Thank you for the reply surely I will have plenty of questions and it is very nice to have good community support. Thank you very much and thank you Daz

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

When installing DAZ Studio content, it should all be installed into the default My Library folder, even Poser content which is where the Runtime folder came from. If you are using downloaded installers (.exe) then you should point the installer to the My Liabrary folder as the last folder in the path, or you may have problems. That applies to ANY content for DAZ Studio.

DAZ 3D have released a new piece of software to make installing a lot easier. It is called the DIM (DAZ Install Manager), but it is only on limited release at the moment. It should be available in the coming weeks to everyone I hope, but in the meantime, just use the installers.

• fguedezfguedez Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you, i read somewhere about pointing the installers to the content folder so that might have been the problem. I think i will reinstall everything following your advice, thank you very much