Problem with loading "Chabre d'Amore Ready" Scene

EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello, when loading the Chambre d'Amore Ready Scene I get this error message:

file: d:\dazdevel\hudson\hudson_home\jobs\nb_carrara_85\build\carrara85\src\kwak\ext\cr2importer\DsfNode.cpp
Line: 1323
A nil pointer error occured while executing Import ...

Anyone any idea?

Thanks in advance

Eddy

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited February 2013

Just what I thought. I was going to say this right away... but decided to check the sales page first.:
    "Compatible Software: Daz Studio 4.5"
    Carrara is being set up to work with Genesis, and all the stuff made for Genesis,
    but it is not compatible with lights or cameras made for Daz Studio (or Poser). Really sorry.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited December 1969

One thing you could do, however, is to use this package as a great learning tool - 'cause that's what this guy specializes in. Try this:
    Open the scene in Daz Studio and really look at where he placed lights, what their brightness and shadows are set at, etc.,
    We can still learn a lot from these "Ready to Render" products in just such a way.
    Then you open Chambre d’Amore in Carrara and try the setup.
    If you try it, let me know how it goes.
    When I get some extra time, I may try this same thing with another of his products - just to check it out.
    I've been dying to check out the one he made for Stonemason's Enchanted Forest, anyway!

Best Wishes from Dartanbeck

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Probably also some scripting that Carrara lacks as well.

I'm more curious where the error message actually appears. Seems a bit informative, compared to the normal, "an error has occurred," message that normally pops up!

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi Eddie MI :)

just to check,. ... you do have all the additional files which are needed to load the ready to render set. ?

Chambre dAmore

Victoria 5

Tears Hair for Genesis

Boudoir Bliss for Genesis Female

Romantic Nights for Boudoir Bliss

also, note that this scene contains DS lights, and probably camera's,.. which I don't think will load into Carrara.

it's built for use as a preset Scene in Daz Studio, and as such, the lighting will also be configured for use in DS
    so, those would need to be replaced or adjusted (if the lights import) to work in Carrara

edited December 1969

One thing you could do, however, is to use this package as a great learning tool - 'cause that's what this guy specializes in. Try this:
    Open the scene in Daz Studio and really look at where he placed lights, what their brightness and shadows are set at, etc.,
    We can still learn a lot from these "Ready to Render" products in just such a way.
    Then you open Chambre d’Amore in Carrara and try the setup.
    If you try it, let me know how it goes.
    When I get some extra time, I may try this same thing with another of his products - just to check it out.
    I've been dying to check out the one he made for Stonemason's Enchanted Forest, anyway!

Best Wishes from Dartanbeck

I only see five items under Bluebird 3d. None of them look like they use a Stonemason scene. Are you sure it's the same person?

edited December 1969

Sorry, my bad.
    Age changes my memory a bit - well... it's an excuse, anyways! :coolhmm:

edited December 1969

Just to add that if you don't wish to monkey around with D/S and you decide you don't want the ready to render scene because of that, then there is possibility you can return it for a refund.

• EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
    edited December 1969

Hello over there,

and thank you for all your answers and suggestions.

Yes, I have all items and it works fine with DS4

The error message occurs some seconds after clicking the scene to load.

Maybe I try to filter out the Lights and Cameras and load it into C8.5 then.

Eddy

edited December 1969

EddyMI said:
    Hello over there,

and thank you for all your answers and suggestions.

Yes, I have all items and it works fine with DS4

The error message occurs some seconds after clicking the scene to load.

Maybe I try to filter out the Lights and Cameras and load it into C8.5 then.

Eddy

Might as well just load the straight scene into Carrara directly from the browser instead of trying to import the ready to render scene using DUF. Of course if you do want to go that way, you could place D/S primitive shapes such as cones aligned with D/S' lights so that they act like place holders, then when you bring in the scene you can place Carrara's lights where D/S' lights used to be and delete the primitives. Um, if that makes sense...