Can't download V5

info_83d3d27fddinfo_83d3d27fdd Posts: 18
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello, I downloaded Daz studio 4 today, and then bought the V5 pro bundle. Then I get this email with a LOT of installers. So all I knew to do was install each one at a time. By the time I got down to 13439_Victoria5_1.0_trx.exe it says that it was removed or deleted. What does that mean? Also when I try to download one like 13387_GabiV5_1.1_trx.exe it says something like I have to put that file with the genesis file, and it won't let me download it. This is very frustrating, anyone know whats happening here? Tech support still hasn't replied to my messages.

-Kenny

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

Do you mean downloading from the website to your computer, or installing after you've downloaded it? If the latter, you should always install to "...Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library" (unless you picked a different content location when installing DS4), not any subfolder of "My Library".

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,316
    edited December 1969

In general you want to save the installers to your local drive, not run them directly. I'm not sure why the V5 installer would be marked as removed, but the system is far from smoothly functioning. If you try again, picking download, and it still won't come then try going to your Itemised Order History and click the rest link for the V5 bundle.

• info_83d3d27fddinfo_83d3d27fdd Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Hello, thanks for the reply. Both, when I try to download some of them, it says may be moved or deleted, and when I try to install some of them to my library it says it needs to be placed in a different folder. Is there a way to download everything at once, or do you have to download each file one at a time?

edited December 1969

I was downloading them from the email they sent me. I click download, then run, then if its there I go through set up and when I get to choose installation path it says "Gabi for V5 is an add on for genesis, genesis evolution: body morphs, genesis evolution: head morphs, victoria 5, and they must be installed in the same location." So I assumed I needed to download something else before downloading that file? Its all being put in DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library. I just tried to save 13439_Victoria5_1.0_trx.exe and it said couldn't be downloaded.

edited December 1969

Yes, you need to get the V5 installer and run it before you can run the Gabi installer, I'm afraid. If you go to your account area there should be a link for downloadable products in the sidebar - try the V5 link there, and if that fails try resetting the order from your Itemised Order History page.

edited December 1969

I called them and they said my norton virus protection was removing it so now it works.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes Norton is eating some of the files now. Those are false positives, I just suppend my Norton untill I'm done.

edited December 1969

If you download the file to your system you can disconnect from the net before suspending Norton, for added safety. Though I have Norton and didn't have any trouble installing V5.