When will Carrara run on Mountain Lion?

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I've spent DAYS searching forums and reading back posts and I'm sick of it. I don't want to search any more. I just want to know if there is a current version of Carrara that will run properly on Mountain Lion, and if not, when anyone expects one to be released.

And, no, 7.2 pro doesn't. Fonts broken, registration broken, won't remember settings...and that's just as far as the Assembly Room.

Comments

• Curved DesignCurved Design Posts: 61
    edited February 2013

nomuse said:
    I've spent DAYS searching forums and reading back posts and I'm sick of it. I don't want to search any more. I just want to know if there is a current version of Carrara that will run properly on Mountain Lion, and if not, when anyone expects one to be released.

And, no, 7.2 pro doesn't. Fonts broken, registration broken, won't remember settings...and that's just as far as the Assembly Room.

I am running the Carrara beta 8.5.0.132 64-bit in Mountain Lion 10.8.2. It is still a beta so no guarantees but it is usable. I seem to have read somewhere that the 8.5 beta may be more compatible with Mountain Lion than version 8.

There is a rumor that a newer version of Carrara is coming this month in February.

I am running Carrara beta 8.5 because I need compatibility with Genesis characters.

P. S. By the way Hexagon 2.5.1.79 runs quite well on Mountain Lion too. The Hexagon product page is kind of confusing because it says Power PC G4 or greater but Hexagon actually runs native on Intel processors. I have a Mac mini with a dual core i7.

Marcus

Post edited by Curved Design on
  • edited December 1969

I'll give Hex 2.5 a look if I can find anywhere to get a copy. The version I have purchased and registered is 2.0, and the download link is broken even after refreshing downloads.

Sounds like I should keep stumbling on with pro 7.2 for the nonce. Be nice if it would actually remember settings, though. It gets old REAL fast having to type in the 17-digit registration number every time I start the software.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited February 2013

I don't know about the fonts, but this post may help with the serial number:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15789/P15/#238527

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • Curved DesignCurved Design Posts: 61
    edited December 1969

nomuse said:
    I'll give Hex 2.5 a look if I can find anywhere to get a copy. The version I have purchased and registered is 2.0, and the download link is broken even after refreshing downloads.

Sounds like I should keep stumbling on with pro 7.2 for the nonce. Be nice if it would actually remember settings, though. It gets old REAL fast having to type in the 17-digit registration number every time I start the software.

If you want to try it and see if it works cnet has a demo 2.5.1.79 version of "Hexagon for Mac" you can download.

http://download.cnet.com/Hexagon/3000-6677_4-75719045.html

After I saw the demo version worked in Mountain Lion I went ahead and bought the serial, it is worth the $10.

Marcus

• scottidog2scottidog2 Posts: 319
    edited December 1969

I'm running Carrara 8.5 Pro (Build 172 - 64Bit) on 10.8.2. Its useable but does crash so save often.

• thoromyrthoromyr Posts: 452
    edited December 1969

nomuse said:

The C8.5 build 172 works fine for me on 10.8.2. The only issues I'm experiencing are unrelated to the operating system (e.g., some issues with genesis and duf which don't affect Carrara in general).

• edited December 1969

I am running Mountain Lion. Works well for me!

• edited December 1969

The assembled Preview render dont work though

• thoromyrthoromyr Posts: 452
    edited December 1969

The assembled Preview render dont work though

That has been a problem for some users, but not me. No apparent reason why it works for some and not others.