Happy Star Wars Day!

DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
edited May 2017 in Carrara Discussion

Yeah... a little late for this but I've been busy all figgin day!

May the Fourth be With You All!             

...and this isn't just a National or Global holiday, but a Whole Universe Holiday!!!

So to everyone in every galaxy out there:

Happy Star Wars Day!     

I've shown this video before (below), but I really love it, and it it well-suited for today of all days!

...which is a wonderful celebration of what is so far my favorite TV show EVER

The amazing visual combination of sculpt and paint, using purely Visual Effects (and incredible storytelling) to create the only show of its kind, Star Wars - The Clone Wars

The visual language is stunning - and even better in motion!

The guy in the center (hands bound) in the below image is "Saw Gerrera", later played in the live action Rogue One - A Star Wars Story by Forest Whitaker

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

I gotta stand in front of the mirror and practice pulling those faces so I can get served first in the sandwhich shoppe. Nice pics Dart. Happy swd to you to

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Thanks HW! :)

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited May 2017

Well, someone had to say it.

FB_IMG_1494022056290.jpg
    1057 x 795 - 85K
    Post edited by Chohole on

Happy Revenge of the Sixth!!!        

With loving memories and a salute to the legendary concept artist, the late Ralph McQuarrie - my the Force be With You... Always

Whoa, Iris Gleam!

There are many wonderful images online and in books by this incredible master of conceptualization. Here is a wonderful Tribute to Ralph McQuarrie by some of the team he's worked with at LucasFilm

...and a fine slideshow of some of his work

Through the affect that Mr. McQuarrie has had over the inspiration of the direction on where Star Wars stories would/could go, Star Wars movies now go through a Blue Sky period in the art department very early on in the movie making process, where artists are given hints and let loose. The art created in such a period helps to shape the stories - which results in a magical situation of artists and story tellers working hand-in-hand, each inspiring the other to produce something truly magnificent.