Ability to leave the male anatomical elements on while wearing clothing

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602
edited May 2017 in Product Suggestions

Hi, I  would like the ability to keep the male character's gens on when dressed. Kind of a pain to remove them especially if you use a specialty skin with special shaders. But leaving them on can make the pants look funky even if you hide them.

It would save time if there was a way to keep them hidden but still attached so that you don't have to recreate them later.

Post edited by Serene Night on

Comments

• It would probably require morphs to shrink them significantly smaller than the default size, or a redesign of how  they are modeled to accomplish this. I can see what's possible, but I can't promise anything quickly.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041

is this because removing the geografts changes the UV for the shaders?

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602
    edited May 2017

Thanks! I admit its just one of those annoyances. I have to save two versions of my characters ones with one without anatomical elements. Yesterday I accidentally saved over the one with anatomical elements and I was so irked with myself. 

If I leave the anatomical elements  on but hidden the pants just deform in their locale like there is something invisible there.

I think in the ideal world the elements would become a bulge of some sort. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Well, they need dynamics and collision physics to do that well, but I though I read somewhere you have to choose the clothing to layer over other clothing in the correct order for example if you want a shirt to autofit tucked into pants rather than not tucked in you need to have the pants to collide down the shirt and it onto the hips and not the shirt to collide on top on the pants.

Actually it would be very nice for all clothing, hair, muscles, and fat to drape and collide so to fit properly and automatically 'autofit' easy - better than VWD and Optiplex works.

• Thanks! I admit its just one of those annoyances. I have to save two versions of my characters ones with one without anatomical elements. Yesterday I accidentally saved over the one with anatomical elements and I was so irked with myself. 

If I leave the anatomical elements  on but hidden the pants just deform in their locale like there is something invisible there.

I think in the ideal world the elements would become a bulge of some sort. 

Agreed on them becoming a bulge, to be honest.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871

If you have some of Sickleyield's Genesis and G2M clothing, some of the pants have morphs in them for that sort of bulge that would go over the elements. I think some of Outoftouch's male clothing may have similar morphs, but I'm less sure about that. Those morphs could be shifted to another piece of clothing with Transfer Utility. Unfortunately, I'm not sure which pants have it, so if you have any of them, you'll need to check.

If you don't have any of her other clothing, Sickleyield also has a pants masculinizer on sale at Rendo. I don't think it's meant to work with the genitals on the figure, though. Haven't tried that; I'll have to see if it works that way.

is it that hard to hit delete and dial in a bulge before render?

the figures should have been anatomically correct to start with TBH then none of these issues

• gederixgederix Posts: 390
    th3Digit said:

is it that hard to hit delete and dial in a bulge before render?

For one image no or course not. If youre doing an image series it can be annoying, having the character set up but needing to remove the geograft to do a render or 5 before you actually need them. 

I honestly don't want to remove the elements. I agree it shouldn't be necessary. 

I alter the textures of my characters so it's not really a one click process to redo the elements if I should forget and save over them unattached. 

I tend to save my characters with all the items they regularly used attached and hidden for ease of use in scenes I might dream up. 

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,300

I honestly don't want to remove the elements. I agree it shouldn't be necessary. 

I alter the textures of my characters so it's not really a one click process to redo the elements if I should forget and save over them unattached. 

I tend to save my characters with all the items they regularly used attached and hidden for ease of use in scenes I might dream up. 

I save my characters with everything they need included as well. I also keep backups on an external drive so if I do make a mistake and save over something I shouldn't, I can get it back fairly painlessly. It would be great to have everything attached and fit under the clothes, I agree, and hiding the Element just doesn't work :-( But a backup might save some pain.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,961

How about just hiding it when clothes are on?

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,300

How about just hiding it when clothes are on?

You end up with a hole ;-(

I wish it were that simple. But even when hidden the pants form a weird gap where the gens are.

Oh. Poo.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited May 2017

Slightly OT- Believe it or not, Uzilite has some pretty detailed bulges for some of his M3 products. Not the same as having the clothing fit over the gens, but the look is pretty close on a few things. I nearly died laughing when I saw the morph names for his M3 undie set. He has a good sense of humor.

Post edited by Llynara on
    edited May 2017

Yeah. LOL There  is one  Uzilite set that has a really textured anatomical element visible in the pant/groin area. Its basically a very visible anatomical element shadow in the pants. One of my first renders I was so proud of was a character wearing that set. I was ribbed mercilessly by someone online for using that set and that set of pants because it looked far more adult than I had intended.  In my defense I had never noticed that, and was really kidn of embarrassed afterwards. I never used the set again!   

Ultimately my goal is to choose to bulge or not to bulge. I hate outfits that have a perma-bulge or textured bulge because it makes everyone look the same size and shape. There are a few sets I would use if they didn't have a permanently dialed anatomical element modeled in.

I would like to be able to dial that region or leave it out it out if I so choose.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,492

My workaround is to unfit and hide. This keeps them available in the scene and textured, but eliminates the effect on clothing.

edited May 2017

My workaround is to unfit and hide. This keeps them available in the scene and textured, but eliminates the effect on clothing.

Awesome workaround! Thanks for that tip! I would've never thought of that =-)

Flying unattached invisible anatomical elements... Sounds like a bad film plot device, but hey whatever works.

The ancient Greeks had depictions of flying anatomical elements...

• nelm2010nelm2010 Posts: 45
    edited April 2018

I discovered another workaround on accident--I go neg 100 on default pose, length and width, and leave visible. I don't get that odd cut-off look in pants that way. Might have to remove limits first.

Post edited by nelm2010 on

Hmm. I will try that, thanks. I prefer not to unattach them.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited April 2018

Un-hide the PROPERTIES, scale the Astronomical Elephants to 1%, and rehide Properties until needed.

Post edited by frankrblow on
  • Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587
    edited April 2018

In my case, I use Fit Control in order to adjust the bulge.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    edited April 2018

Here are a couple of freebie morphs/pose presets I made to shrink the gens so they can be worn under pants, one leaves a small bulge, the other is flatter. I haven't tested them extensively, but they appear to work with most pants.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wl48gbvdk87hslm/Gens%20Pants%20Morphs.zip?dl=0

Post edited by Redz on

Hey, thanks. I'll check this out.

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,939
    edited April 2018
    Redz said:

Here are a couple of freebie morphs/pose presets I made to shrink the gens so they can be worn under pants, one leaves a small bulge, the other is flatter. I haven't tested them extensively, but they appear to work with most pants.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wl48gbvdk87hslm/Gens%20Pants%20Morphs.zip?dl=0

Hmmmmm... what would it take to get a Genesis 3 version of these morphs?  And maybe Genesis 2 and Genesis 1 versions?  I still usually use G3M for most of my projects, and sometimes G2M.

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on