ATTN: StoneMason

Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758
edited May 2017 in Product Suggestions

If you hate me right now, how long before you love me again?

Pretty please......

Anyhow, your new Greebles 4 set has a promo image with awesome arches. That everybody loves.

What about an opposite to greebles product that are big objects with very few details- meant to show scale by being far off in the distance?

Like, you make (some primitves?) objects that are very far away at horizon levels and they get placed behind the greebles....

I'd like to see....

1) More arches even if you joke on the McDonalds one and build a massive golden set like they took over food production in the future. lol

2) A skyscraper that is so tall, it can disappear in the clouds

3) Air traffic greebles - like a row of loose polygonal shapes to simulate air traffic.

4) Bridge-like structures that can be placed between buildings to make all types of skywalks and traffic transports.

For more regular ground-based products

1)  Large floating billboard-type vehicles. Extra points if they have spotlights. Blimps and such.(you know the reference...lol)

2) It's time for a rigged robot that can take poses - a generation 2 to "Red" MANY of those....ALL TYPES......

3) Another skybike, but this one would have Wheels that can retract so it can cruise or hover. I don't know if you know rigging, but if not (or getting help is out of the question) then make 2 versions. One with wheels and one without. Please make it large and comfortable for someone to ride around in, Like, the police of the future *could use them too* a sturdy vehicle. If you do skins, please some with no distinct markings so we can put several in a scene with different configurations or colors..to emulate more than 1 Skybike 2 on the scene.

4) Of course I'd like another giant robot, but maybe one so big, two people can sit inside- either side by side or 1 behind the other like an F-14 Tomcat...or Gunship where one is slightly higher up than the other.

BIG robot though...so many robots are solo affairs and it's all radio chatter- would be awesome to detailed cockpit and be able to show interaction up close.

(3 pilots/people would be the ultimate)

Pardon the roughness of the sketch, but something like this..

I'd rather have it be more humanoid than ostritch in appearance, but EVERYONE seems to prefer that kind of shape.

The idea would be if it leans back, it's on rollers or treads and if it leans forward, it's on its "toes" and able to walk.

Urban Pacification Unit. rotating Police lights on top (could be an option).

My 15 cents for today.

UPPU.jpg
1288 x 963 - 520K
Post edited by Griffin Avid on

Comments

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Oh and I am countiong down till October. Nothing else matters.

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,170

1.I think once mcd's lawyers see it then the joke would be on me :\

3.I did make some skytraffic greebles many years ago,they we're just strings of ships that had easy-pose controls but worked realy well as distant objects..I don't have a copy here but if anyone else does they are welcome to pass it on to you. you can see them in action here 

4. the latest greebles do have a couple bridge components that might work?

for the mechs you should pass that request on to DZFire who does a great job making mechs and robots..I like making them but the rigging always turns me off making them DS compatible..  https://www.daz3d.com/dzfire

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947

Chris Schell did a variable geometry fighter (VF-45?) a while ago that can end up looking a bit like your sketch.  Sadly I think in moving from computer to computer I may have mislaid my copy of it crying

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

AVXP, what happens in Oktober?

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

New Blade Runner (2049) movie

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,328
    avxp said:

If Stefan's science fiction stuff is anything to go by, I suspect he's already booked his seat at the New Zealand premiere.

Cheers,

Alex.

• adam_graggadam_gragg Posts: 141

Sooooo... the Bridge Components... I absolutely love them, but where's the T or X intersection?

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    avxp said:

I'm not keen on waiting till 2049 for it though. devil

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,102

3.I did make some skytraffic greebles many years ago,they we're just strings of ships that had easy-pose controls but worked realy well as distant objects..I don't have a copy here but if anyone else does they are welcome to pass it on to you. you can see them in action here 

I sent you a private messag concerning this!​

Dana

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,170

...and with thanks to DanaTA for finding it here's the skytraffic mentioned above https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6tev6t0ffak1qj/FREE_SkyTraffic (2).zip?dl=0

only Poser versions are included as Daz Studio didn't exist when this was made

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603

...and with thanks to DanaTA for finding it here's the skytraffic mentioned above https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6tev6t0ffak1qj/FREE_SkyTraffic (2).zip?dl=0

only Poser versions are included as Daz Studio didn't exist when this was made

It still works in D|S 4.9 3DL, (I've used it) and the textures should upgrade easily enough.

• miketeemiketee Posts: 58

Also Stonemason - and I have said this elsewhere - the more Daz cameras you can include in your large urban models, the better! I loved what you did with Urban Spraw 2. Please do something similar with your other large city scenes.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    avxp said:

Ugh, I've still got to watch the original. I've tried 3 times but fell asleep the first 2 times and the 3rd time my GF got bored and turned it off. Never got past the scene where the replicant thrusts her hand into the boiling water.