Carrara 7 to 8 pro Stupid question

MalusMalus Posts: 370
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I have a question is there anyway I can get one of you guys to change my carrara 8.0 pro upgrade to just 8.0 pro stand alone application Because downloading 7 pro then 8 pro upgrade is going to be a tedious process considering how good I'am at screwing something up. I was just wondering, you can check my account and see it for yourself.

If you can't do it I will understand.

Comments

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Why would you download C7pro if you are going to download C8pro? One doesn't install over the other it's a different build.

• MalusMalus Posts: 370
    edited December 1969

8 pro is an upgrade from 7 pro.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Yes it is, but I am not sure that you need to have C7P already installed, is that your question?

Have you tried installing the Upgrade anyway?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Not Carrara but Bryce, I bought the upgrade version from DAZ 3D and didn't need to have the prvious version installed.

edited December 1969

Ok I will try it later and report back. I'm doing a blow up test with my new computer just to see if it will be able to do it (carrara pro 8.5). (I have hair 20,000 500 percent quality ray tracing indirect lighting a bunch of trees soft shadows anti aliasing best accuracy .5 on all, filter sharpness maxed and image size 11 x 8 300 dpi along with other things)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Truly, Grim. No need. Your computer will never know the difference - because there isn't one.
    I was nervous ( a little) about that too, back when I started, because I bought the "Figures, Characters, and Avatars" book the same day that I bought the Carrara 7 Pro Upgrade. I was thinking that I might have to wait for the book to arrive in the mail, so I could get 6 Pro loaded before the 7 Pro upgrade.
    Not as silly a thing as you may think. Some applications require such things.
    Daz3d support straightened me out on that. For Carrara, the upgrade is the same as full version, except for price - that's it. Same files... same everything - but price. :coolhmm:

edited February 2013

Ummm... I don't feel like making a thread for such a short question but if you want me to I can. My question is how do I get the program to install on another hard drive it doesn't give me the option and my ssd is almost full.

Post edited by Malus on
    edited December 1969

Truly, Grim. No need. Your computer will never know the difference - because there isn't one.
    I was nervous ( a little) about that too, back when I started, because I bought the "Figures, Characters, and Avatars" book the same day that I bought the Carrara 7 Pro Upgrade. I was thinking that I might have to wait for the book to arrive in the mail, so I could get 6 Pro loaded before the 7 Pro upgrade.
    Not as silly a thing as you may think. Some applications require such things.
    Daz3d support straightened me out on that. For Carrara, the upgrade is the same as full version, except for price - that's it. Same files... same everything - but price. :coolhmm:
    Thanks I will eventually get on it.
    edited December 1969

First, I would never recommend that.
    After installation begins, you'll have the option as to where to put it.

edited December 1969

What the heck, I've been wanting to switch beta versions anyways... let's walk this as I work.
    Double click the installer...
    Welcome to the Carrara 8 Setup Program -
    Warning - if you stole this software, you're in big, big trouble... NEXT

License agreement Accept and NEXT

DirectX EULA - accept - NEXT

Right here.... Destination directory :

..and I can cancel here - just wanted to make sure I knew where it was.

edited December 1969

It hasn't giving me that option when I install it just installs I was expecting something like custom install or even choose your file path but nothing.

edited December 1969

What does this mean I reset 8 pro upgrade I don't remember seeing 8.5 upgrade thing before this is what it says Carrara 8 Pro Upgrade - Carrara Application 8.5, Windows, 64-bit. Is this the upgrade or something else I want to make sure before I download it. If you wondering 8.5 install didn't give me the option to change the path at all.

edited December 1969

What does this mean I reset 8 pro upgrade I don't remember seeing 8.5 upgrade thing before this is what it says Carrara 8 Pro Upgrade - Carrara Application 8.5, Windows, 64-bit. Is this the upgrade or something else I want to make sure before I download it. If you wondering 8.5 install didn't give me the option to change the path at all.
    I know. It's not very clear which files to get is it?

The 8.5 versions are the beta

Carrara 8 is the latest official build.

edited December 1969

It hasn't giving me that option when I install it just installs I was expecting something like custom install or even choose your file path but nothing.
    Are you on a Mac?
    I only know Windows.
    edited February 2013

I am of the windows 7 variety.

When I reset 8 upgrade I just get the 8.5.132 version to download.

Post edited by Malus on
    edited February 2013

I am of the windows 7 variety.

When I reset 8 upgrade I just get the 8.5.132 version to download.

Actually, if you scroll down some, you'll find the official release.
    It's called "Carrara 8 Application PC 64"
    The one you have is called "Win64 - exe - pc", which is the 8.5 beta, build 132

It's all very confusing.
    I would label stuff differently, had I the choice ;)

With the Upgrade text, the bottom line only reads: "8 Application PC 64"

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited February 2013

Thanks I'll let you know if it will allow me to install it in another folder.

That one allow me to change the directory but 8.5 doesn't weird.

Thank you all ;-P

Post edited by Malus on
    edited December 1969

:smirk:

edited December 1969

:smirk:

It took me a little bit because I was having trouble with a bug or an error but it I found a way to fix. Plus this is a new computer so it takes a bit for me to figure everything out. I'm so use to a laptop that I almost slammed my screen down when I went to do something around the house.

edited December 1969

Is it working? :grrr:

edited February 2013

The 8 pro did, the bug was because it was trying to remove any other thing to do with 8 and it kept getting an error message an aborting installation. It was mostly my fault I wasn't paying attention and I was just mashing next next etc. I'm good now thanks. If you talking about the screen it has finger prints on it and it is breathing heavily but it is good I just gave it a good scare.

Post edited by Malus on
    edited December 1969

If you talking about the screen it has finger prints on it and it is breathing heavily but it is good I just gave it a good scare.
    :ahhh:
    That's funny!

Glad you're up and running. Man, I would DIE without my Carrara 8! :roll:

edited December 1969

:lol: And thanks (I have to use carrara as part of my income so I will starve without mine or at least be very hungry)

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

:lol: And thanks (I have to use carrara as part of my income so I will starve without mine or at least be very hungry)

If you are using Carrara as an income source, then I cannot stress enough: DO NOT RELY ON THE BETA!!! ONLY USE THE OFFICIAL RELEASE FOR YOUR CRITICAL PROJECTS!!!

edited December 1969

I will. Here is quiet a funny story my wife is making to much money so my check was cancelled and then a few weeks later (this week) they are trying to pass a new bill in my state for teachers like my wife. This bill so friggin insane it is almost guaranteed to get my wife fire she is a good teacher but she has lower IQ kids and if your students come in at the bottom 10 percent test wise you are automatically fired. So our income may be completely gone soon.

(Sorry about that rant)

edited December 1969

I will. Here is quiet a funny story my wife is making to much money so my check was cancelled and then a few weeks later (this week) they are trying to pass a new bill in my state for teachers like my wife. This bill so friggin insane it is almost guaranteed to get my wife fire she is a good teacher but she has lower IQ kids and if your students come in at the bottom 10 percent test wise you are automatically fired. So our income may be completely gone soon.

(Sorry about that rant)

whoa, is that ever fricken' sad... and insane!!!
    Sorry to hear, man :-/
    edited December 1969

Thanks man.. I've been in the fires of hell most of my life then I got out for a few years and now it feels like that I'm about to be thrown back in. Such is the life of mine though.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I agree with Dartan, that is an insane concept. If they have a teacher who can cope with the children with lower IQs and what we call in this country "learning difficulties" they should be treasured and encouraged. Such teachers are quite hard to find.

edited February 2013

I agree... To bad I don't live in Switzerland they at least appreciate the teachers there :down:

Post edited by Malus on