Bryce creation into Backdrop Deluxe

vindazivindazi Posts: 667
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

How do I get a bryce created scene into Daz?

When I clicked the "Send to Daz" option it indicated it was sending to Daz, opened Daz and acted like it was sending to Daz, but never showed up in Daz.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

There is a thread here about moving things from Bryce to DS http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/13506/

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited February 2013

What is Backdrop Deluxe?

You are unlikely to be able to send an entire Bryce Scene to DAZ Studio, and I don;t think it would do much good even if you could. Bryce materials and shaders are completely different to DS ones, and wont work properly.

If you want to use a Bryce Scene as a Backdrop, render it in Bryce, and load the Backdrop into DAZ Stuio in the usual way.

EDIT:
    Sorry Pam, XPost :)

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • vindazivindazi Posts: 667
    edited February 2013

What is Backdrop Deluxe?

You are unlikely to be able to send an entire Bryce Scene to DAZ Studio, and I don;t think it would do much good even if you could. Bryce materials and shaders are completely different to DS ones, and wont work properly.

If you want to use a Bryce Scene as a Backdrop, render it in Bryce, and load the Backdrop into DAZ Stuio in the usual way.

EDIT:

OK I will settle for that. What is the usual way?

BAckdrop Deluxe http://www.daz3d.com/backdrop-deluxe

Post edited by vindazi on
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

vindazi said:
    What is Backdrop Deluxe?

EDIT:

OK I will settle for that. What is the usual way?

either edit the backdrop in DAZ Studio (its under Edit -> Backgrop) and load the image, or create a plane primative and load the image into the diffuse channel, just be careful with lighting, and placement of the primative so shadows don't fall on it.

edited February 2013

I loaded a test backdrop from Bryce through the Edit>backdrop and got this. Note that it does not show up in the scene tab and I can find no way to make adjustments. Also the quality is very low.

I am using Daz 4.5 Pro on a Mac running 10.6 on and intel duocore 2 with 4 gigs of ram.

Backdrop_Issue.jpg
    953 x 654 - 474K
    Post edited by vindazi on
  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Yes, the "Edit > Backdrop" feature is for placing a background image in your scene. It's not an actual scene item and it will be stretched over the current viewport. (it's a really, really, limited function and I don't like it).

I'd instead recommend creating a planar primitive in DS that has the same X/Y ratio as your desired image. E.g., if your image is 1024x768, create a planar primitive with about 20 divisions that's 10mx10m in size and scale it on the X axis to 107.8% and scale it on Z axis to 76.8%. Then apply your image as a diffuse texture.

Make sense?

edited December 1969

I think so, but i will try to get Backdrop Deluxe to work first. If it works as advertised, the workflow should be much smoother and the results better. Thanks for your input.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

vindazi said:
    When I clicked the "Send to Daz" option it indicated it was sending to Daz, opened Daz and acted like it was sending to Daz, but never showed up in Daz.

FYI, while it won't help with your backdrop issue, note that you have to have one or more items selected to send. It doesn't default to sending everything. It's also possible depending on what you are trying to send that it might take a VERY long time.

edited December 1969

vindazi said:

FYI, while it won't help with your backdrop issue, note that you have to have one or more items selected to send. It doesn't default to sending everything. It's also possible depending on what you are trying to send that it might take a VERY long time.

How about when you are just sending the backdrop? I don't see a place to select just the backdrop in Bryce.

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    Yes, the "Edit > Backdrop" feature is for placing a background image in your scene. It's not an actual scene item and it will be stretched over the current viewport. (it's a really, really, limited function and I don't like it).

I'd instead recommend creating a planar primitive in DS that has the same X/Y ratio as your desired image. E.g., if your image is 1024x768, create a planar primitive with about 20 divisions that's 10mx10m in size and scale it on the X axis to 107.8% and scale it on Z axis to 76.8%. Then apply your image as a diffuse texture.

Make sense?

Think I got it, but how do you work out the scale percentage for the plane, my normal renders are 1680x1050 or 1200x900.
    Cheers

edited December 1969

adamr001 said:

Make sense?

Think I got it, but how do you work out the scale percentage for the plane, my normal renders are 1680x1050 or 1200x900.
    Cheers

well 1200x900 is 4:3 ratio so scale down whch ever axis becomes the vertical to 75% (roughly)

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    adamr001 said:

Make sense?

Cheers

well 1200x900 is 4:3 ratio so scale down whch ever axis becomes the vertical to 75% (roughly)

Rats, I should know that, having done two maths exams last year :red: :)

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    adamr001 said:

Make sense?

Cheers

I tend to do 2:1 renders in Bryce so its even easier, makes for nice sharp backgrounds if done right..

Beach_Scene4.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 409K
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    Rareth said:
    adamr001 said:

Make sense?

Cheers

I tend to do 2:1 renders in Bryce so its even easier, makes for nice sharp backgrounds if done right..

You been talking to David, I know he's a fan of 2:1 in Bryce ;) Good idea tho, cheers.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

vindazi said:
    vindazi said:

How about when you are just sending the backdrop? I don't see a place to select just the backdrop in Bryce.
    You can't send a backdrop (or sky) across the bridge, sorry.

edited December 1969

vindazi said:
    vindazi said:

You don't, simply create your scene in Bryce and render at your chosen resolution, then save or export the render as an image, jpg or png etc, close Bryce, open Daz, then follow Adams instructions below for creating a plane primitive in Daz and using your saved Bryce render in the diffuse channel

I’d instead recommend creating a planar primitive in DS that has the same X/Y ratio as your desired image. E.g., if your image is 1024x768, create a planar primitive with about 20 divisions that’s 10mx10m in size and scale it on the X axis to 107.8% and scale it on Z axis to 76.8%. Then apply your image as a diffuse texture.

Hope this helps :)

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    Rareth said:
    adamr001 said:

Make sense?

Cheers

You been talking to David, I know he's a fan of 2:1 in Bryce ;) Good idea tho, cheers.

LOL David is my font of knowledge for Bryce..

on my System Bryce's Max Recommended resolution is 1754x875 whch fits on the screen. its just a teensy bit over 2:1 (2.005:1) so I make it 2:1 and go from there for the size I want.