Assign Script Menu Item to a Function Key?

I think of this everytime I'm using the XprssnMagic Import script (thanks Richard!) a lot and getting tired of mousing up to the Script menu.

Is it possible to assign items on the Script menu to a Function key or to a keyboard combination in DAZ Studio? I looked around, but maybe missing the obvious?

I'm on a Mac, so maybe should see if Studio is AppleScript-able?

Thanks - Elisa

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933

It's simple to do it on your current machinme (other than finding a free combo) - in Window>Workspace>Customise find the script's entry under Custom on the left, right-click on it, Change Keyboard Shortcut, and press the combo you want. It can. I think, be scripted in DS using DzActionMgr but it's not an areaI've looked at.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933

Rob's sample script heer http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/actions/action_accelerators/start shows how to get a list of current accelerators, and should help with creating a script to assign them (DzActionMgr.setCustomActionAccel() is the one you want for that, Rob doesn't like the Accel/Accelerator difference between getting and setting functions so one will at some stage be deprecated in favour of a new function. DzAction.shortcut is the shortcut/accelerator from the action object itself.

• Yay - Workspace Customize worked perfectly!

The keyboard shortcut will save me so much time. I'll remember it for other scripts, too.

(I sent you a message.) Thanks - Elisa