Loading figure distorts other figures

2Fatbear2Fatbear Posts: 49

I need help! When I load a figure, a figure already on DAZ is distorted. I tested many times, with different figures, it happens all the times. For instance, I load Aiko 7, then Victoria 7. At this point the A7 gets distorted. I checked log file but there is nothing wrong there (besides the usual Could not find property for animation, formula, etc). If I then I load another A7, it is ok. If then I load another figure, the second A7 is also distorted. It doesnt matter what figures they are, some gets distorted. It happens also if I load the same figure twice, the first one gets distorted.

What can be going on? I fear I will have to reinstall everything. A scary thought...

Image removed for nudity. Please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity
Post edited by fixmypcmike on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Make sure the previous figure is not selected when you load the next figure.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

there is some option how apply or load character. if you do not know  clear how character preset added to current scene, I recommend change option.

1.  top meny >edit>prefelence (F2) >content tab

2  find " Native format loading" section, then select "Show the character option dialogue" . after that, when you load new character , option dialogue pop up, then you can choose add charcter to the selected figure, or load new character.

I think it seems good and safe option, to see what will happen clear.

3  or use " always add new figure", if you choose this option,  ds always load new character .  but when you need to apply character preset for current selected figure, you need to click character preset with ctrl key.  it do not add new character, but apply character preset to the current selected Figure.

• 2Fatbear2Fatbear Posts: 49

kitakoredaz, I never dismissed the window with these options that appear when we load a figure, so I choose on the go. Thanks for the help.

Fixmypcmike, this seems to have solved the issue. I added a cylinder and had it selected when adding some 8 figures, all loaded without problems!! Thank you! You can´t imagine how happy I am for not having to re-start installing everything again!! (I decided to reinstall in january, now that I understand how DAZ have files organized. I'm still installing and there are still a lot to go. To restart was a very depressing idea (:

{}s

• Make sure the previous figure is not selected when you load the next figure.

Nailed it. Thanks!