Where to install Genesis Essentials?

KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
edited December 1969 in New Users

I am setting up folders on an external hd to install all content through the DIM. So I have E:/3D Content for main directory and then under that I have subdirectories for Characters, Animals, Plants, Shoes. Poses, etc i do not know where to install the genesis essentials that come with DS4.5 as it is a bundle of stuff that u seem to have no control over where it goes to.

So if I was to install it to the new default directory through DIM, would I also have to install the morphs, expressions, v4m4 shapes for genesis, and characters for genesis such as v5 and m5 here also, or is it best to make a new My Library folder on my external hd and install the genesis essentials there and then I could put other products into there respected folders such as m5 and v5 into characters folder?

How did anyone else fo it if not i nstalling to the original my library folder or into your own setup for runtimes?
thanks for any help :)

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,404
    edited December 1969

Yes, all the shapes need to be in the same location as Genesis

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

hi Frank by location do you mean just on the same drive or actually in the same folder?

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

I thought you couldn't use DIM to install stuff from hard drives, just things it downloads from the daz site?

edited December 1969

Scavenger I am downloading through the DIM and then reinstalling everything with it to an external hd into folders arranged by product. I just want to make sure I get all my genesis products into the right spot so I don't have to uninstall and reinstall by trial and error so they work correctly and Iwasn't sure what had to go together in the same folders

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

AH!!! I misunderstood the direction you meant when you said "install through the DIM". I was picturing installing FROM the hard drive through the DIM, you meant TO the hard drive from the DIM.

Thanks!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I would use the content folder you're planning to use for Genesis characters, and install the Genesis Starter Essentials there. I understand that in DS4.5, Genesis morphs will work even if they aren't all in the same content folder, but I'd feel safer keeping them in the same content folder. None of the other items will have problems.

edited December 1969

thaks Mike..I was thinking of making a genesis folder and yes putting the essentials there and also the shapes for V4 M4 and 3 gen figures plus the head and body morphs for Genesis. I assume V5 M5 and any other characters coulkd go in a separate folder from that