LARSEN - Carrara Challenge #33 Sponsor

For many in the Carrara community, the Carrara PA who goes by the name of "Larsen" has been a mystery.  A talented artist, he rarely posts on the DAZ forums.  It turns out that he is very friendly, but also enjoys his privacy.

What we know about Larsen (a screen name only) is that his first name is Michele (Mee-KEH-leh).  He is married, the proud father of a 10-year-old son, and lives and works in his native Italy.

While studying at University in 1994, he encountered a software program called 3D studio 3.5 for DOS (an early version of 3DS Max), and promptly fell in love with creating objects in 3D.  He then discovered the Caligari forums and  trueSpace, and eventually moved on to products from Eovia, which at the time included Hexagon and Carrara.

These days he also uses Cinema 4D, Modo, ZBrush, 3D Coat, DAZ Studio, and others.  For 2D work, his main apps are Photoshop and Affinity Designer.  

Michele enjoys doing many things in 3D, from UV mapping to texturing to animation.  But the thing he loves the most is modeling, especially large sets.

We see this "large scale" in some of the amazing buildings he has constructed.  Here are some notes about the product pictured below, Red Sands Temple:

"Red Sands Temple is a complete and greatly detailed set for Poser, Daz Studio 4 and Carrara inspired by the ancient temple of 'El Khasneh' in the archeological site of Petra (Jordan). To handle the huge amount of details (the full model is over 3.5 million polygons) the set is split into thirty-three different objects organized in seven main props so that every element can be added/removed or hidden/shown as desired. There are also two ready to use assemblies, one with the full set and the other with the exterior elements only. The interior is protected by six sliding stone doors that can be opened/closed."

Other large sets with Carrara files include:

Thank you, Larsen, for your amazing artistry, and for sponsoring Carrara Challenge #33!

(thanks to @UnifiedBrain for the bio)

Larsen's Store

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited May 2017

Great stuff!

thanks for being a sponsor Larsen!

I have a few of yours and they are superb. Looking forward to buying more in the future! Especially the one in Petra.

Post edited by Headwax on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited May 2017

Yes, thank you Larsen.  Very interesting profile. 

One of your products that I have is the Storm Castle.  Excellent set.  The side view of the main building has a wonderful balcony.  Hmmm, a balcony set in Italy?  Perhaps I'm starting to think To-ma-to and Juliet for this month's tomato challenge.

Post edited by Diomede on
  • Hi everyone and thanks for your kind words!

I am very happy and proud to be one of the sponsor of this Carrara Challenge even if choosing a winner will be an hard task for sure!

Good luck to everyone in the challenge!

Michele - Larsen

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Michele, your work speaks for itself.  But it is nice to connect a voice with those great sets.

Thanks for posting.  You the man!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Here here!

Grand and beautiful kits! I must collect them all!

Thanks for sponsoring!!!

Stezza, thanks for the incredible intro!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

no probs @Dartanbeck... even though it was @UnifiedBrain who did a great job in writing it out for me..

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Thanks UB! yes

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

You are welcome!  I have great admiration of PA's.  Meeting them and learning their histories is a great pleasure for me.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

PM has been sent to Larson... I will notify when he replies to me..

Thanks again Larsen for your support smiley