Monster Surprise! Strippable/Openable human face

Its one of the best storytelling resources for monsters and aliens: that person is not a person!

I suggest to sell in a kit with enough versatility for us, the renderer community :)

V 2.jpg
500 x 260 - 87K
geisha ghost 4.jpg
522 x 540 - 31K
v 4.jpg
438 x 250 - 84K
geisha ghost.jpg
997 x 1366 - 322K
geisha ghost 3.jpg
500 x 271 - 39K
V 5.jpg
720 x 480 - 49K
geisha ghost 2.jpg
1111 x 534 - 93K

Comments

• bsheers2003bsheers2003 Posts: 40

have been looking for something a bit along these lines too, but with the progress you seem to have made in your examples above, am wondering if it's already possible to do it ourselves.    my needs a bit different, but same principal.   I need more of a Mission Impossible - Tom Cruise type disguise mask, that can peel the characters disguise facial texture off from the back of his head, but remaining in one piece, instead of the peel-away effect you demonstrate above.   ...and am wondering if I can find and existing morphable mask, I could simply capture one characters face as a sort of texture, and then peel off off the morphing mask to reveal the other character beneath.   since my needs are not animation, I should be able to accomplish the illusion easily... assuming there is a morphing mask already out there, haloween or otherwise, I can apply the false face to.       .....and ideas...?   

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

No you didn't go back to V.

• Tanis VoltaTanis Volta Posts: 550

how hard would be to photoshop this? seems no one is interested on making this product :(

• EquisV    did you ever create anything like this?     Have storyline in mind that could use a face beneath a face....  but would like to roll it up instead of tear it off...   Seems you've already accomplished something like this, assuming those V-like renders are yours...    What can you tell me that might help me without making this into a product project?    Just want to accomplish it one time...        thxs,      BillySheers

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

If there was something like the opening jaws of the 'Blade 2' Reaper creature or those of 'The Strain', I'd be very intrigued.

• Gusf1Gusf1 Posts: 257

EquisV    did you ever create anything like this?     Have storyline in mind that could use a face beneath a face....  but would like to roll it up instead of tear it off...   Seems you've already accomplished something like this, assuming those V-like renders are yours...    What can you tell me that might help me without making this into a product project?    Just want to accomplish it one time...        thxs,      BillySheers

I believe those were screen captures from videos, not renders.  If this is for just a render, you could use transparency maps on a head that is superimposed on top of the underlying one.  You could then take one of those dforce cables, apply the texture of the underside of the skin, and lie it along the intersection.  I wonder if Mesh Grabber would help?

These are just IDEAS for you.  I have never done this, so take it with a grain of salt.

Gus

• bsheers2003bsheers2003 Posts: 40

those are good ideas...   thxs much ...

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

I just remebered this product.

Could this help?

https://www.daz3d.com/peeled-orange-skin-shader-for-genesis-8-female-s

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Well, I saw such a thing just a while ago on renderotica, I can sadly not find it in m Chronic, I also don't know how it was named... I aslo assume it was an old product, maybe also poser :/