Camera Views versus Camera Render

v3rlon_7354dd516ev3rlon_7354dd516e Posts: 71
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I cannot find what is wrong here, but can someone explain to me how the camera is SUPPOSED to work in Carrara 8.5?

I create a scene. It has a camera (Camera 1 by default). In the "Assemble" window, I set a window to "Camera View" so that I can compose my scene. Things are looking about like I want. I haven't changed the zoom from "normal."

I click over to render and select Camera 1. I click render and - huh? The camera is vaguely in the right direction, but the zoom or exact position seems to be WAY off. It is far enough that I have to go back to assemble and move the camera. Then, render again to see how it looks, then go back to assemble and fine tune and back to render and repeat.

There HAS to be a better way.

Comments

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Verlon said:
    I cannot find what is wrong here, but can someone explain to me how the camera is SUPPOSED to work in Carrara 8.5?

I create a scene. It has a camera (Camera 1 by default). In the "Assemble" window, I set a window to "Camera View" so that I can compose my scene. Things are looking about like I want. I haven't changed the zoom from "normal."

I click over to render and select Camera 1. I click render and - huh? The camera is vaguely in the right direction, but the zoom or exact position seems to be WAY off. It is far enough that I have to go back to assemble and move the camera. Then, render again to see how it looks, then go back to assemble and fine tune and back to render and repeat.

There HAS to be a better way.

in the ASSEMBLE ROOM go to the VIEW menu and turn on VIEW PRODUCTION FRAME.
  • harlequin-3dharlequin-3d Posts: 0
    edited February 2013

In your camera view window are you looking thru camera 1?
    Scenes also load with a directors camera I believe. So you might be looking thru that instead.

It says what your active camera is in the top left of the assembly room, click on it to change your active camera.

!Camera2.jpg
    471 x 306 - 63K
    !Camera.jpg
    473 x 230 - 50K
    Post edited by harlequin-3d on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

The other thing that could be throwing your framing off is if you used the 2D controls on your 3D camera.

The first screen shot shows the camera manipulation tools you should use. The trackball and such.

The second screen shot shows the 2D controls that you shouldn't use except for the left, right, front, top and bottom isometric views.

Picture_2.png
    61 x 77 - 4K
    Picture_1.png
    64 x 135 - 8K
    edited February 2013

In your camera view window are you looking thru camera 1?
    Scenes also load with a directors camera I believe. So you might be looking thru that instead.

It says what your active camera is in the top left of the assembly room, click on it to change your active camera.

image[/url] [url=http://img105.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=868850267_Camera2_122_142lo.jpg][img=http://img105.imagevenue.com/loc142/th_868850267_Camera2_122_142lo.jpg][/url]

P.S. Can someone PM me and tell me the code to show thumbnails in your posts...I can't get it to work.

Use the Browse button below the text entry field when making a post to add an image from your hard drive. To add more than image, hit preview post and the text field next to the browse button should be empty. You can now browse to another image. You can have up to five per post. Below the Browse button you will see the File Name and Size of the file you've just uploaded, with an option to remove it. You won't actually see the image until you submit the post.

I would have PMed you, but I can't get the attachments to work in the PMs.

Picture_5.png
    788 x 727 - 91K
    Post edited by evilproducer on
  • harlequin-3dharlequin-3d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

"To attach more than one item..."

-facepalm self- :red:

Thanks evilproducer

edited December 1969

"To attach more than one item..."

-facepalm self- :red: