HDR Prosets: Monterey OUT NOW - Previous Set Updated for Carrara and Poser! [Commercial]

DimensionTheoryDimensionTheory Posts: 434
edited February 2013 in Daz PA Commercial Products

I'm happy to announce the release of my second HDR Prosets product, from my trip to Monterey California! This set is now available in the store, with presets supporting DAZ Studio, Poser and Carrara. Also, new to the series are my "Basesets" which I'll be releasing with each new set. These contain just the HDRI files and background textures for use in most any program at a cheaper price, very useful if you don't use the named programs or just want to make your own presets!

HDR Prosets: Monterey -
http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/hdr-prosets-monterey

HDR Basesets: Monterey -
http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/hdr-basesets-monterey

On another note, Carrara and Poser support has been rolled out for my previous set Urban Recreation! Those who purchased this set previously should be receiving the updated files, if not please reset your downloads and let me know if there's issue. Newcomers will be able to grab the set at it's original discounted price of 50% off for a limited time! Please enjoy these new presets and feel free to post your renders for me to see!

HDR Prosets: -
http://www.daz3d.com/urban-recreation

Urban1.jpg
462 x 600 - 154K
Mont2.jpg
462 x 600 - 112K
Mont1.jpg
462 x 600 - 189K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,820
    edited December 1969

On another note, Carrara and Poser support has been rolled out for my previous set Urban Recreation! Those who purchased this set previously should be receiving the updated files, if not please reset your downloads and let me know if there's issue.

No updates notification received so I did a reset for the Carrara files.. sweet :)

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

I've been waiting. This is great!! Keep up the good work. This is a quick test render.

MonteryTest1.jpg
    1000 x 913 - 642K
  • HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Awesome, been waiting for these to show up!

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

This is the test in Poser.

Monterey_PoserTest.jpg
    608 x 432 - 195K
  • omradiocomomradiocom Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

I will likely get the larger set, but what is the sci-fi outfit that the Gen character is wearing, sort of looks like parts of Sedition Soldier, but I don't recognize it.

Otherwise, having enjoyed shaders in Bryce from the beginning, it is becoming more fun to create using good HDR work along with shaders. I can make my own HDR files, so after I see some examples, I get to replicate ad infinitum.

Good work on this product.

• MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

I grabbed this straight away, but after auto downloading all the zip files and manually downloading all the exe files I am still getting this message on loading. (see screen short below)..

I have looked through all the zip files and the needed file is not present in the product.

I'm Win 7 64 bit....

missing.jpg
    656 x 409 - 54K
  • SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited December 1969

Newcomers will be able to grab the set at it's original discounted price of 50% off for a limited time!

When will this be discounted to 50%? It's showing 30% in the shop atm.

• DimensionTheoryDimensionTheory Posts: 434
    edited December 1969

Superdog said:
    Newcomers will be able to grab the set at it's original discounted price of 50% off for a limited time!

Sorry about that! I guess the wrong value was set. They've got it fixed now and the sale should run through the weekend :)

As for the error with missing files, can someone confirm that? I'd not had any issues with it myself and it went through QA just fine.

edited December 1969

Superdog said:

Sorry about that! I guess the wrong value was set. They've got it fixed now and the sale should run through the weekend :)

As for the error with missing files, can someone confirm that? I'd not had any issues with it myself and it went through QA just fine.

If you could tell me which zip/exe the missing file should be in I can concentrate on that one because redownloading the whole product took me half the day yesterday, the files being so large.

• Dumor3DDumor3D Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

Superdog said:

I am having the same problems.

1. Bought the product
    2. Installed through DIM
    3. Tried to laod via Smart Content -> Files a number of the 'Set's
    4. Each one has a bad path such as:

BBQ - /data/DimensionTheory/HDR Pro-Sets/Monterey/SkydomeMesh.dsf
    City Hall - /data/auto_adapted/SkydomeMesh_1986/geometry_a2a20fe4_4e42_0498_3c0d_3b8ad6607989/geometry.dsf
    Gnarled - /data/auto_adapted/SkydomeMesh_1986/geometry_a2a20fe4_4e42_0498_3c0d_3b8ad6607989/geometry.dsf
    Lawn - /data/auto_adapted/SkydomeMesh_1986/geometry_a2a20fe4_4e42_0498_3c0d_3b8ad6607989/geometry.dsf
    Monument - /data/auto_adapted/SkydomeMesh_1986/geometry_a2a20fe4_4e42_0498_3c0d_3b8ad6607989/geometry.dsf
    Park - /data/auto_adapted/SkydomeMesh_1986/geometry_a2a20fe4_4e42_0498_3c0d_3b8ad6607989/geometry.dsf
    Tree - /data/auto_adapted/SkydomeMesh_1986/geometry_a2a20fe4_4e42_0498_3c0d_3b8ad6607989/geometry.dsf
    Wooded - /data/auto_adapted/SkydomeMesh_1986/geometry_a2a20fe4_4e42_0498_3c0d_3b8ad6607989/geometry.dsf

The SkydomeMesh directory does not exist. Looking through the zip files, I don't find the above directories, starting with no 'auto_adapted' content.

The DIM downloaded files (in the DIM downloads directory) include 10 files. 5 zips and 5 .dsx files.

edited December 1969

Are you both using DIM to download these? I'll look into the issue closer to see if maybe not all the files are synced yet etc. In the mean time you can download the required directory and geometry here...

http://3dimensiondigital.com/locker/MontGeomFix.zip

edited December 1969

Are you both using DIM to download these? I'll look into the issue closer to see if maybe not all the files are synced yet etc. In the mean time you can download the required directory and geometry here...

http://3dimensiondigital.com/locker/MontGeomFix.zip

Thanks DT. In the meantime, I'm downloading part one the 'old' way to see if it has what I need. Might need to do a bug report to the DIM team.

edited December 1969

OK... how to say this clearly. :)

First, the installer from the store does create the missing files. However, the path is not the same as above. So, this is a DIM product problem.

As for the above fix. It is missing a portion of the path. For this to work, it needs to be changed from:

/data/auto_adapted/geometry_a2a20fe4_4e42_0498_3c0d_3b8ad6607989/

to

/data/auto_adapted/SkydomeMesh_1986/geometry_a2a20fe4_4e42_0498_3c0d_3b8ad6607989/

Putting your file there allowed them to load.

Neither of the above exist via the DIM install. Odd to me that the DIM installed version is looking in that SkydomeMesh_1986 directory? OH, well, why do I still scratch my head over things like this? HAH!!!

Thanks for the help.

edited December 1969

Sorry, the directory error in the fix is my fault. I skipped over that folder packing it, I'll fix it and update the link. Glad it's working though, I'm talking with QA to get it sorted and updated.

edited December 1969

Sorry, the directory error in the fix is my fault. I skipped over that folder packing it, I'll fix it and update the link. Glad it's working though, I'm talking with QA to get it sorted and updated.

I know it is embarrassing, but not to worry! The Daz DIM team is working through tons of files. I simply can't imagine that task. There are nearly 16,000 SKU's. I don't know if there are that many products anymore, but I suppose it is somewhere close? Working on that quantity of anything is beyond what any human should do. There is no way it can be done without errors.

You very obviously care about your product and responded so very quickly. That tells me plenty!

I do have one question. Do these work with Reality/Lux? Are there any tricks to that?

edited February 2013

The link is updated so the fix should work fine now, and I've got things sorted with QA. Wasn't DIM I don't think but a matter of migration to new formats (DUF) that I was a bit confused about so the files got mixed up, seems both me and QA had the files and there was no issue for us lol. They should be getting the update into the installers before long, until then the above link should be alright. :)

Post edited by DimensionTheory on
    edited December 1969

The link is updated so the fix should work fine now, and I've got things sorted with QA. Wasn't DIM I don't think but a matter of migration to new formats (DUF) that I was a bit confused about so the files got mixed up, seems both me and QA had the files and there was no issue for us lol. They should be getting the update into the installers before long, until then the above link should be alright. :)

Well, it is nice to know it wasn't the DIM version or DIM related. Now DIM will do one of the things it does best, put a 'Product Update' in front of you when there is one so we don't need to check. ;)

edited December 1969

Wow!!! Took about 15 minutes to build this scene and about 1 minute to render it using 3Delight! Not a lot this but gives an idea of production times.

HDRimage.jpg
    960 x 540 - 451K
    edited February 2013

deleted

Post edited by Marieah on
    edited December 1969

DIM has the updated file.

edited February 2013

dumorian said:
    DIM has the updated file.

Thank you for letting us know! Good job on the render as well :)

Just in case it's not known, adjusting the camera's "Focal Length (mm)" will help you match the size of objects in your scene to the background the way you like. You can do this by right clicking on the zoom control (magnifying glass in your camera controls) and dragging light you would to zoom. If you enter a value in manually I think 28mm works well. I'm not entirely sure but I think it's the same Focal Length as the camera lens used to take the pictures and 28mm would be right.

Post edited by DimensionTheory on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567
    edited December 1969

This is lovely. I live in Monterey county and it is a beautiful place. Good work on this.

edited December 1969

Working great now, using DTs fix files, plus some other file rearrangement that affects the first preset.

I really love these sets. Here's a test render...

hdri2.jpg
    600 x 780 - 541K
    edited December 1969

I'm glad that you got it working, Marieah! Nice render :)

On the topic of Reality (sorry for missing this earlier), there are no Reality specific presets in the Proset package (only DS, Carrara and Poser). As far as I know there is no way to do shadow catching the way I needed within Reality, and most of the value in the Proset comes from the ways I have this and other things setup. So, Reality is actually one of the main reasons I did HDR Basesets. The HDRIs there work perfectly fine in Reality and other programs, plus it's cheaper. You'll just have to load the file yourself rather than through preset.

• redratdesignsredratdesigns Posts: 0
    edited February 2013

Hi Dimension T

A quick (maybe silly) question... How do i use the Shadow Catcher in this Monterey series?
    With the Urban recreation scenes the figures are on the ground - is this the work of the Shadow catcher?
    I am using DAZ4.5 and my figures just seem to float unlike the renders in the product promos.
    I have the HDR Pro set.

Thanks
    Mike

Post edited by redratdesigns on
    edited December 1969

I'm sorry for the trouble. This set has the shadow catcher as a separate preset that's in along with the backgrounds. I did it this way to make it easier to pose figures etc from the start, making it so you're able to see the entire background by default rather than having to change visibility of that plane. Once you've lined your render up just load the Shadow Catcher preset and it should work accordingly.

edited December 1969

Are there any particular types of scenes people would like to see rendered with this set? I'd be happy to post some more examples as time permits.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224
    edited December 1969

I've had my eye in this set since it came out, but didn't get it until the PA sale. I love Urban Recreation and this one is also great. Here is a young chubby G2F at City Hall. I also used the Subsurface Toolset on the skin and hair. I love that DT product, too.

Monterey_City_Hall_G2F.jpg
    1662 x 1453 - 1M
  • Zig ZagZig Zag Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

Hi,

I have a problem with the HDR ProSets Monterey. It seems the shadow catcher doesn't catch shadows correctly in the front half of the shdow catcher plane (see image). HDR prosets Urban Recreation and Yosemite work correctly.

My OS is Windows 7 Pro 64 Bits and I'm using the 64 Bit version of Daz Studio (4.6.1.33). I already tried to uninstall, redownload and reinstall the package, same problem. I only downloaded the DSON Core version of the files, not the Poser core files. Do I need them?

Here's the log file for the rendered image:

Rendering image
    3Delight message #13 (Severity 1): R2054: primitive (or parts of) '' discarded during eye-split
    3Delight message #43 (Severity 0): R2093: object '' (displacement 'omnifreaker/displacement/omDispStandard', surface 'omnifreaker/surface/omHumanSurface') used only 23% of its displacement bound
    Saved image: C:\Users\CHRIS\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\render\r.png
    Finished Rendering
    Total Rendering Time: 1 minutes 21.52 seconds
    Loaded image r.png
    Saved image: C:\Users\CHRIS\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\RenderAlbumTmp\Render 2.jpg
    Saved image: C:\Users\CHRIS\Desktop\hdr-prosets-monterey-shadow-catcher-problem.png

Thanks...

hdr-prosets-monterey-shadow-catcher-problem.png
    615 x 461 - 432K
  • Zig ZagZig Zag Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

So nobody is experiencing the same problem as me?