Where can I find WORN leather DS3 shaders?

WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,787
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have a few leather shaders for Daz, but how can I make them appear worn and well used without postwork? I ideas?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Have you seen this set? Leatherize. I use it lots, and it has Worn sets in it.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,787
    edited June 2012

Jaderail said:
    Have you seen this set? Leatherize. I use it lots, and it has Worn sets in it.

I have, but I was hoping I could get something under five bucks ... lol. Guess I'll start with the shaders I have until I get paid. Thanks :D

Post edited by WillowRaven on
  • edited December 1969

Grime-Inizer. Not under a fiver, but cheaper, and I've had good effects with it on all kinds of things, leather included. For extra nifty effects, you can try sticking the base mats in the specular channel.

edited December 1969

ThinMick said:
    Grime-Inizer. Not under a fiver, but cheaper, and I've had good effects with it on all kinds of things, leather included. For extra nifty effects, you can try sticking the base mats in the specular channel.

I have that ...

So both shaders work together?

• edited June 2012

Well, Grime-Inizer is an LIE preset, so you can use it with most things. There's sometimes some trouble when applying LIE presets to stuff without base textures -- as in, it'll apply, but it screws up the background colour, but you can usually tweak it a little to compensate -- but if your leather shader uses a texture in the diffuse channel, it'll work right out of the box, no pissing around.

Post edited by thinmick_3ecd3939f1 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

Try Calida3d.com -- excellent DS shader presets, including 2 sets of worn leather, a few bucks each.

edited December 1969

Try Calida3d.com -- excellent DS shader presets, including 2 sets of worn leather, a few bucks each.

I found a few others I need too. Awesome. :D

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

I found a few others I need too. Awesome. :D

oh i can HIGHLY recommend khory and si_vincent's leather shaders at calida - i used them constanstly, they are brilliant. :D