the Blinn and the Phong? for the Duckster's eyes

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited May 2017 in Carrara Discussion

lookin for highlight types. 

is there a dropdown for types somewhere?

how would i make a roundish highlight on a sphere?

thanks smiley

Post edited by Mistara on

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited May 2017

wanted to put some blinn on the duckster's eyes.

Blinn shading is a subtle variation on Phong shading. The most noticeable difference is that highlights appear rounder. In general, you don't need to use the Soften parameter (described in Blinn, Oren-Nayar-Blinn, and Phong Highlights) as often as you do with Phong shading.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited May 2017

should be able to use color gradient to make a rainbow colored volumetric cloud or fog?

roygbiv

lol- this not it 

rainbows.JPG
    1000 x 562 - 113K
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    Mistara said:

should be able to use color gradient to make a rainbow colored volumetric cloud or fog?

roygbiv

lol- this not it 

For a Shader I would try using something other than Color beneath your Color Gradient. For instanstance... a Noise function... even Fractal Noise can spread out the different colors over the object... I've not ended up with a rainbow tho... also if the Noise, Turbulance or whatever you choose has a "fractal" option this can be turned on to create better blending between the colors of your gradient.  Sometimes I'll even change the Gradient by making it a mixer just to complicate things.  Still I haven't gotten results I'm trying to get... sure fun trying tho... if I come up with something I'll post it to my Shaders in Carrara thread.

BTW: I've finished the CarrarArtist Logo... it's posted to the main Carrara discussion under that name.