Background problem

samialshahrisamialshahri Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I used one of those "Ready to Render" in the smart content. after I wanted to start a new scene. After starting over, as shown in the picture the background is white and the program became slugish. tried restarting the program but no good. can anyone tell me what to do please.

background.png
526 x 386 - 45K

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You can change the Background Colour from the drop down menu at the top of the viewport, it is a little icon with lines and a triangle. Is that what you are looking for?

I don't see why it would be sluggish, but it is best to exit and restart DAZ Stuio if that is the case.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Hard to explain the sluggishness. I assume there's nothing else running in the background which could slow your machine down? Generally Daz's speed depends on the complexity of the scene you're using. For the most part it should be pretty fast at doing all of the basic tasks, and only really slow down when you add things like mesh smoothing or extremely populated scenes.

• samialshahrisamialshahri Posts: 0
    edited February 2013

I suspicious the lag is due to a change from the "Ready to render" I am not aware about. because before that DS4.5 was working so smoothly.

Post edited by samialshahri on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,520
    edited December 1969

GUI Lag, is the lag when you zoom/pan/rotate the cameras or when doing something else?

edited December 1969

good point. not from zooming changing angles.. just when adding objects changing from "Pose & Animate" tabs.

edited December 1969

Sounds like your Content Manager Server needs a little groin-kick.
    Try to Stop/Start the CMS (if it's running), else just Start it.

edited December 1969

how do I check on CMS ?

edited December 1969

Depends on if you are on Windows or Mac OS X? If you're on Mac OS X I can help you, otherwise I'll fetch someone who can.

edited December 1969

win 7

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Go to the Start menu in Win7, All Programs > DAZ 3D, and stop the CMS from there, then restart it again. If that doesn't help, I would reboot, it only takes a couple of minutes.