SertorialSertorial Posts: 962
edited December 1969 in New Users

What can I do to fix this?

clothing_test.png
919 x 882 - 424K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,322
    edited December 1969

With luck the nipples are a separate morph and can be turned off - try going to the Parameter pane (Window>Panes(tabs)>Parameters), clicking on All at top-left, then in the search box at teh top of the pane type nipple - are any of the morphs showing then set to non-zero values? If they are, try zeroing them.

• SertorialSertorial Posts: 962
    edited December 1969

With luck the nipples are a separate morph and can be turned off - try going to the Parameter pane (Window>Panes(tabs)>Parameters), clicking on All at top-left, then in the search box at teh top of the pane type nipple - are any of the morphs showing then set to non-zero values? If they are, try zeroing them.

aha! sorted.
    thanks

BTW how do I get eyes posed correctly to look at the viewer? I have tried side to side and up and down, but they always just look cross eyed. I even tried "point at camera" but she then looks somewhere else entirely.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,405
    edited December 1969

Sertorial said:

aha! sorted.
    thanks

BTW how do I get eyes posed correctly to look at the viewer? I have tried side to side and up and down, but they always just look cross eyed. I even tried "point at camera" but she then looks somewhere else entirely.Your other option is to simply apply a smoothing modifier to the blouse, and set the collision to Genesis. Even with a smoothing level of one or two, it should clear up the poke-through. If not, just raise the smoothing or Collision iterations until it does. I don't like to get rid of anatomy morphs on my figures (particularly the women), when they're dressed.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited February 2013

BTW how do I get eyes posed correctly to look at the viewer? I have tried side to side and up and down, but they always just look cross eyed. I even tried “point at camera” but she then looks somewhere else entirely.

Use a Null is the answer. Go to Creaate > New Null, and Apply Active Viewport Transforms, that means that a Null object will be created EXACTLY where your viewpoint is now, so make sure you want Genesis to look straight at you. Select each eye in turn, and then use the Point At - Null.

You can rename the Null to whatever you want. It is an object in the scene tab, but it has fo physical presence.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I'm not doing this, just reading, so bear with me- when you say select each eye in turn, do you mean you do this process for each eye? So would you have a Null 1 and a Null 2?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

You could do it that way and then parent Null 1 and Null 2 to another (Null 3) or just point both eyes to the same Null.

edited February 2013

Your other option is to simply apply a smoothing modifier to the blouse, and set the collision to Genesis. Even with a smoothing level of one or two, it should clear up the poke-through. If not, just raise the smoothing or Collision iterations until it does. I don't like to get rid of anatomy morphs on my figures (particularly the women), when they're dressed.

Excellent! That way, I don't have to modify the shape of my figure! Thank you!

Use a Null is the answer. Go to Creaate > New Null, and Apply Active Viewport Transforms, that means that a Null object will be created EXACTLY where your viewpoint is now, so make sure you want Genesis to look straight at you. Select each eye in turn, and then use the Point At - Null.

You can rename the Null to whatever you want. It is an object in the scene tab, but it has fo physical presence.

Wonderful!

Here is the image after both your helpful suggestions :)

Success!.png
    919 x 882 - 437K
    Post edited by Sertorial on
    edited February 2013

I've got one word and one word only to say about her. "GIMME!!!!!!" :ahhh:

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,322
    edited December 1969

I suggested turning the nipples down as the clothing looks as if it would win - remember that the nipples are attached to soft tissue so they will generally be flattened or pushed back by clothing that isn't light or loose.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I do so agree with Richard. Look at some photo's of real women, adn you can see what he means. For example

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OzXFWjGECPA/S4gKs6jcXsI/AAAAAAAAC-c/8YR5ltzazNI/s640/kajalagarwal33.jpg

edited December 1969

I suggested turning the nipples down as the clothing looks as if it would win - remember that the nipples are attached to soft tissue so they will generally be flattened or pushed back by clothing that isn't light or loose.

Yes. Point taken. Thanks. It's good to be able to know both ways of doing it, I guess, depending on the situation.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Maybe she is a figure skater and it is cold in the rink. Now for some practical advise. Apply the Areolae Perk to the figure, it doesn't have to be much, so that it is transferred to the clothes. Then with Show Hidden turned on in Parameter adjust Areolae Perk in the clothing, it often will work when Smoothing Modifier fails. Of course if the clothing was originally made for male figures it may simply not have enough polygons in the chest to ever work without cranking sub-d to ridiculous levels.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I've got one word and one word only to say about her. "GIMME!!!!!!" :ahhh:

Two words for you- Dream On. :) LOL
    Cathie

• CricketCricket Posts: 437
    edited December 1969

Sertorial said:

aha! sorted.
    thanks

BTW how do I get eyes posed correctly to look at the viewer? I have tried side to side and up and down, but they always just look cross eyed. I even tried "point at camera" but she then looks somewhere else entirely.

Your other option is to simply apply a smoothing modifier to the blouse, and set the collision to Genesis. Even with a smoothing level of one or two, it should clear up the poke-through. If not, just raise the smoothing or Collision iterations until it does. I don't like to get rid of anatomy morphs on my figures (particularly the women), when they're dressed.

Stupid question...how do you set collison?

edited February 2013

Isosceles said:
    Sertorial said:

aha! sorted.
    thanks

Stupid question...how do you set collison?To set collision, you first need to apply a Smoothing modifier to the clothing. To do this, click on the Scene tab (usually on the right hand side of the screen by default), select the piece you wish to apply the smoothing modifier to. Then, click on the small box in the upper left corner. This is the "Display the Active Tab Options". Scan down to Edit>Apply Smoothing Modifier. Now, click on the Parameters tab, click on "Mesh Smoothing", and turn on "Interactive Updates".

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on