Using Content in a second runtime folder

ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
edited December 1969 in New Users

Ok, I was experimenting, took some old content i had lying around from a previous bout of learning Poser or Daz...a runtime folder. Put it on my hard drive, and then tried to access it from within DS4.5

I failed.

I assumed this would be doable, as some folks use external hard drives to store their content, so pointing Daz to it should be possible, in theory.

I eventually did...something...where thru the content browser I could see those folders..not do anything, but at least see they existed, but then I could no longer access the stuff I had from the Genesis Starter pack DIM had installed.

So, clearly I did something wrong.

Is there some instructions for doing what i was trying, accessing content in another folder (perferably in addition to the default stuff).

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you want to add a new runtime folder to DS4.5, just go to the Content Library pane and right click on 'Poser Formats', and use the 'Add a Runtime Directory' option. Give the path to the folder which HOLDS the runtime folder, and that is it. Refresh Poser formats, or restart DAZ Studio.

You can also add it through the Content Directory Manager, but once again, give the path to the folder which holds the runtime, and not the runtime folder itself.