best way to fit clothings and boots?

samialshahrisamialshahri Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

in my book best female body in Daz is the Genesis with basic female 1.0 + V4 1.0; not too skinny not too fat and nice curves which makes her good for a alluring female character role.

the only problem most things don't fit on her. any suggestion please?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Can you elaborate a bit please?

What clothing and boots are you trying to fit to Genesis, how (autofit?), and what doesn't work?

• samialshahrisamialshahri Posts: 0
    edited February 2013

Sorry,

the body suits or anything almost tight doesn't come out right, parts of the cloth is under the sking at the ; waist, under and on the sides of the breast, behind the calfs.. depending on movement. it's a V4 cloth i'm using on a Genesis Basic+ V4 modifier.. I had a feeling it would only turn out right on the V4 but I was wondering if there was something to tune it with since it's close to fitting. I would add pics to show what I mean but it might be counted as nudity since some flesh are comming out from under the cloths.

I have autofit, it just doesn't seem to come out perfect, especially the boots the foot always stick out.

Post edited by samialshahri on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Try adding a smoothing modifier to eliminate any poke-through. Footwear is problematic with autofit. because the default foot pose for Genesis is different from the one for the Gen 4 figures.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

By the way, if you need to show something to get technical help that might show nudity, use the untextured gray Genesis.

edited December 1969

Thanks smooth modifier took out 90% of the problem, I still get a few depending on the pose. Do you got any other solutions?

2.gif
    608 x 483 - 100K
    1.gif
    467 x 442 - 70K
  • CyberDogCyberDog Posts: 232
    edited December 1969

When you apply the smooth also set collision for the dress. Set it to collide with genesis. That should help stop poke through.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Here is a youtube video by DAZ 3D showing how to deal with the problem :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBGzfNgfdyo

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

You can't have the hand touching cloth that touches the body, because the cloth will try to collide with them both and end up clipping. Move the hand away slightly and that will probably fix the breast-area clipping in the second pic.

edited December 1969

wish I could remove the arm's and hands from the collision mode or pick parts of the body I wish it to collide with the cloth

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

wish I could remove the arm's and hands from the collision mode or pick parts of the body I wish it to collide with the cloth

That would be a cool feature. Maybe we'll have it in a future version (I really have no idea what is and isn't possible with the coding).