Letters to Santa Daz - Carrara developmental requests

2»

Comments

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yeah... didn't block you really. LOL! And sure I over reacted and heard blame where it was not intended.... I'm sorry.

For the record (and thanks to Kevin) here is that list from DAZ back when. It maybe be valuable to consider. some of these features did get in C8.5:

We would like your input on what features are the most important to you.
    Please select the top 4 features you would like to see in the next revision of Carrara.
    We are not committing to all of these, we know we won’t have time to do them all, so we come to you asking for your input.

Please select the top 4 features you would like to see in the next revision of Carrara:

IK Updates
    OpenGL Updates
    UV tool updates
    Content Browser
    ERC Added to the UI
    Displacement updates
    Dynamic Hair updates
    Update Bullet Physics
    DAZ 3D Genesis Figure Compatibility

edited December 1969

i would actually like ERC added to the UI...

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

2 that got in would have been the first 2 scratched from my list lol

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Maybe, instead of setting off on yet wish list like a bunch of kids asking favours of Santa, we acted like the paying customers we are and set up a list of demands, which, if not met, will not warrant spending money on an upgrade.

My personal bottom line is

1. Change the dotted line bones which can't hold a selection to solids which stay selected.
    2. Options in preferences to globally select either angles or quaternion, as well as set the default texture map size
    3. Proper dynamic clothing - even if it is only Optitex compatible
    4. Real-time playback of animations
    5. Realistic fire and fluid sims
    6. Walk designer

Not too much to ask for and I'm being realistic about not expecting the world for the price point. Without these improvements, it is simply not worth my while to upgrade.

Notice not a mention of Genesis - it works just fine in Studio and that's OK by me:)

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

My point being why make another carrara wish list when the wish list for C6 is still pertinent? I'd bet if you had everyone make out a carrara 9 wish list, then picked out the 4 wishes that were most common, those 4 wishes would be found on the C6 wish list.

But wishes are granted by fairys, and DAZ is no fairy. DAZ gives us what DAZ can give us, which appears to be little more then content compatibility, tweaked icons, and rearranged menus. Remember bullet physics is something DAZ shoehorned in from another company.

Dartanbeck have you ever stopped to think why so many of us old hats are so jaded? It's because we have been dancing to this same tune for so long our feet hurt ;)

Your favorite pudding is chocolate but when you ask for chocolate pudding you are given tapioca, or banana, or vanilla. How long would it take you to give up and quit asking for chocolate, or just quit asking for pudding?

Now I'm not even going to waist my time making a list of when needs to be in C9 for me to buy it. It would be an exercise in futility, and that is what makes us so jaded.

I'll probably get C8.5 when it comes out, but that may be my last carrara upgrade. If C9 doesn't have something astounding, features we have been asking for for ages, I wont be getting it. I'm tired of throwing money at an app that is taking developmental baby steps while the rest of the world is sprinting.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Allow plugins to be written for the Browser. The SDK lacks access to this, which would make producing content management plugins possible. Carraras content management/browsing is pretty horrible if you have a significant runtime you're trying to use. :blank:

I bet Fenric could crank out a kick-butt browser plugin if it were possible.. sigh.

edited December 1969

Allow plugins to be written for the Browser. The SDK lacks access to this, which would make producing content management plugins possible. Carraras content management/browsing is pretty horrible if you have a significant runtime you're trying to use. :blank:

I bet Fenric could crank out a kick-butt browser plugin if it were possible.. sigh.

I would also like an image gallery browser for the render room, I currently have about 134 renders sitting in my render room because I'm being perverse and haven't closed Carrara in about 2 weeks... so all the test renders are just sitting there...

I would like this image gallery to be able to load and delete images in all the formats Carrara reads, the option of automatically loading the latest render (as they render, or automatically load all images from the DAZtmp as Carrara puts them there), and the ability to compare 2 (or more?) images by flipping them or overlaying them so you can actually SEE the differences in renders or compare to a reference image...

Then let's make this render room image gallery have the ability to overwrite a thumbnail in the object/scene browser... so we can get real Carrara thumbnails.

• MiloMilo Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

Yes opening up and adding to the SDK/API so those listed above and things like 3d-coat can have an applink like Go-Z. Fenric tried to do the Applink and said things were missing to make all the items available work, or to even do just the transfers like Go-Z does

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited December 1969

messiah 6 will have 64-bit PNG output. It would be nice to have it in Carrara.
    http://setuptab.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=c940d5f93511129ffe1400e4169a4caa&topic=5602.0

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

I would love to have this Perspective Match setup.