If the shoe (doesn't) fit... a set of universal shoe fitting morphs would be nice to have!

I got this idea from a side thread (How to control collision?), where someone asked if there was a way to control the influence of smoothing on a specific mesh. Aside from an awkward work-around, there really wasn't an answer. I put in my inspired thoughts, then thought I should toss this idea out where PAs would be more likely to see it:

If you're a PA looking for a cool product idea, a comprehensive set of foot adjustment morphs for shoe fitting might be really popular. Not quite a poke-away, since you'd want to use them in situations like this, where the foot is partially exposed (though it'd be just as useful for fully shod feet). You'd need a good selection of shoes in your runtime to help develop and test... not something I really have. 

Just throwing that out there!

Comments

• colinmac2colinmac2 Posts: 407

SECONDED!

• avmorganavmorgan Posts: 205

Thanks, colinmac2! 

This has still been on my mind. I was thinking that the point of these morphs would be to approximate the way a shoe squeezes the feet and toes. There is a point between the shape of the foot and the shape of the shoe where the pressure balances out. Some of the resulting shape is due to the anatomy of the foot, and some to the construction of the shoe. What I'd do, is create morphs for the feet that squeeze them entirely into the default shape of the shoe, then let the user control how strongly the foot is compressed into that shape using the sliders. That way, you could focus on generic shoe shapes for the foot, toes and heels, making the morphs more universal, rather than specific to a particular set of shoe models. 

• miketeemiketee Posts: 58
    colinmac2 said:

SECONDED!

I think this is a great idea!