Are there 'Model' attributes like author name, contact e-mail, etc.?

I am close to wrapping up my SketchUp Importer project and would like to add some finishing touches - particularly, labeling an imported item with the name of the author and so on.

In Trainz we were able to assign attributes such as Author Name; Contact E-Mail; Contact Website; License Text; and a textual Description.  This information then showed up later in the Trainz Content Manager application.  I am wondering if there are similar attributes in a Daz 'model' and, if so, how I would go about setting them via a script.  My searches so far have not turned up anything useful.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards,
Mike

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/object_index/author_dz has the information, which can be obtained from http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/object_index/node_dz via the assetAuthor member. I'm not sure if that is simply writable, or if you can create a DzAuthor item and assign to your objects.

• ModelerMJModelerMJ Posts: 41

Much appreciated.  No idea how I misssed that - it's quite obvious now that I see it.  Looks like a DzAuthor object would get created and assigned to the node.

Regards,
    Mike

• ModelerMJModelerMJ Posts: 41

After some testing it seems I cannot assign DzAuthor values in a script, after all.  All the values are read-only (at least they are documented that way) and appear to come from Daz Studio itself when a node is created.  I can indeed create a DzAuthor object, but assigning it to the authorshipInfo property of the Node I am creating does not seem to have any effect.  Interestingly, even though this assignment should technically fail, since the Node's authorshipInfo property is also marked as read-only, no errors or warnings are reported and the script appears to simply ignore the command.

My goal here was to have the imported object be attributed to the person who created it in SketchUp, not the person who simply imported it into Daz Studio -- if that makes sense.  Based on what I have found so far it does not seem this will be possible.  If I am incorrect in this conclusion I would be very happy to be told so and be pointed in the right direction as to how I can accomplish this goal.

Regards,
    Mike